Custom .nicnt keeps replacing Action Strings

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Haydnberg, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Haydnberg

Haydnberg Newbie

I've run into a problem making these nicnt files.
    I downloaded OrangeTree Evolution Steele Strings and it didn't include a wallpaper or a nicnt so I've made about 20 different ones.
    I have made sure to use a completely unique ID number for all of them, spelled the name consistently.

Basically everything every tutorial says to do. However, everytime I load it into Kontakt, it never appears on my side bar. When I reboot kontakt it tells me that the directory for action strings is missing (its looking in the evolution steel strings folder for action strings??)

I've also renamed Evolution steel strings to Evolution Acoustic guitar in case the word "strings" had anything to do with it.

This is driving my absolutely nuts. The library itself works(when I drag it directly into kontakt it works just fine). null.PNG

3. gofastprodz

gofastprodz Newbie

4. gofastprodz

gofastprodz Newbie

5. Dark Harmony

Dark Harmony Noisemaker

Just a suggestion:

Instead of messing with those wallpaper files, why don't you just use the "Quick-Load" function?

To do this:
    Tap the "Quick" button at the top of Kontakt (or right click in the empty "Instrument Rack" area).

Then drag all your libraries into the Quick-Load Browser that opens. You can drag all of your libraries in at once as separate listings, or create parent folders to organize your libraries by Instrument Type, Developer etc.

You can even add your Kontakt Player libraries (after they are added/registered). Then tap the "Browser" button at the top of Kontakt and close that window until you're ready to add/register an actual Kontakt Player library again.

This will save you hours of time and headaches, so you can get back to making music. :wink:

6. gofastprodz

gofastprodz Newbie

I FORGOT THIS WAY :rofl: :wink:

7. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

some information found in internet:

I have had difficulties with "samples missing" and "libraries tab" and so on. I have founded some information in internet about that...

Why am I am being asked for a .nicnt file? I don't have one!

These files are used by libraries that were designed in and for Kontakt 5 only - our older Kontakt Player libraries (CineBrass Core/Pro, Hollywoodwinds, Voxos) were developed in Kontakt 4, which used the "info" files instead. They still are supposed to work fine in Kontakt 5, but there can sometimes be a Kontakt bug where it thinks it needs this nicnt file when it actually doesn't. To fix this bug, please try following these set of instructions provided by Native Instruments. The procedure is supposedly for disappearing libraries, but these steps still can fix this issue. You can also contact us and ask for new a new xml file for the offending library, should the method provided by NI fail to work.

If you're in a huge rush, just load the patches via the Files tab and it should still work! This bug only affects Library tab functionality.

One of my KONTAKT Libraries keeps disappearing from the Library tab

In some special cases, KONTAKT libraries may dissappear from the Library tab after restarting KONTAKT. To resolve this issue follow the steps below:

1. Download and install the latest version of KONTAKT 5, which is available via Service Center or by logging in to the Update Manager on the Native Instruments website.
    2. Navigate to the following folder:
      • Mac OS: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center
      • Windows: C > Program Files > Common Files > Native Instruments > Service Center
    3. Delete the "Productname.xml" file belonging to the KONTAKT library, which disappears from the Library tab.
    4. Reboot your computer.
    5. Launch KONTAKT 5 and add the library again to the Library tab.
    6. If you are asked to activate the library, click Activate in the library box and follow the on-screen instructions.
    I cannot add this sample library to the Libraries tab/ My product is loading in DEMO mode.

Cinesamples has two types of libraries: one that is encrypted by Native Instruments (the makers of Kontakt), and one that is not encrypted by NI.

Encrypted libraries are the ones that were sent to Native Instruments for encryption. These libraries are the ones that require a license/activation code (serial number) in order to be used in Kontakt. These libraries also can be added on the Libraries tab of Kontakt via the 'Add Library' function, and can be used in the free Kontakt Player without any restrictions. As of now, Cinesamples libraries that are encrypted are:

-CineStrings Core/Runs
    -CineBrass Core/Pro
    -Hollywood Winds
    -VOXOS
    -Artist Series: Tina Guo/Legato
    -CineSymphony LITE

All other Cinesamples libraries as of now are non-encrypted libraries.

Non-encrypted libraries, as they were not sent to NI for encryption, do not have serial numbers; they are watermarked in a different way. They also cannot be added on the Libraries tab of Kontakt; you will receive the [No Library Found] error when attempting to add these libraries. To load the patches, you need to go to the Files tab and browse for the patches, or you can simply drag the nki files directly on to the Kontakt interface. An easy method of quickly finding the patches you often use is by using the Quick-Load function. The non-encrypted libraries also will only load as a Demo version when loaded on the free Kontakt player, while on the full version of Kontakt, these libraries will load without any restrictions.