Current drums (samplepacks and song examples)

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by Triple, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Triple

Triple Member

Hi!
    What drum sounds and/or drumloops sound fresh at the moment? I'm looking for hihats, claps, snares and other peripheral drum sounds that are not outdated and are currently hot.

I'm asking because I don't know what's currently going on in the music scene (I mean good quality songs in genres like alternative pop, electro-pop... I don't mean crappy radio hits)

I'd appreciate if you can recommend samplepacks with such fresh drums, and post examples of songs that have such current drum sounds in them

Cheers!

3. Triple

Triple Member

Are there any recent samplepacks that have drum percussion samples that you think are unique and fresh?

4. seph

seph Ultrasonic

"сrappy radio hits" are hot, aren't they? if they were not, they wouldn't be "radio hits" in the first place, lol. Listen to their drums and notice their character, fx used, etc.
    But why would you like to copy what's hot? Take any samples you like, merge them, punish them, make something unique... or use a real drum kit like Superior Drummer. It never gets old like real guitar or real violin, etc.

5. SOKRVT

SOKRVT Kapellmeister

Everybody make their own samples by layering and spending a lot of time crafting. That's why some tracks stand out because they are well thought of. Most producers use vengeance samples to begin with.