Cubase VST3 deactivation

Discussion in 'Software' started by flworius, Oct 9, 2016.

1. flworius

flworius Member

Hi, not the biggest issue, but something id like to fix.
    I installed all my plugins as VST2 as well as VST3. Now, not only I'm not able to categorize the VST3 Plugins, I also have lots of double plugins which is unnecessary.
    Long story short, I just wand to deactivate the VST3 Plugins in the Plugin Information Window, but it doesn't seem to work.They are gone, but as soon as I restart Cubase are back there.
    VST3 seems to be on its own, I also didn't point to the folder, they just seem to work automatically....
    someone had to deal with this issue and mb knows a solution ?
    maybe ill just cut the whole vst3 folder and put it on my external drive ?

regards

3. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Detailed answers and solution are on the support forum.

4. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

Cubase automatically scans the VST3 folder but if don't want them simply remove them from the VST3 folder or they'll continue to show up. Personally, VST3's are better for Cubase than VST 2's. I've removed all VST 2 plugs that have VST3 duplicates being that I only use Cubase Pro 8.5.20.

5. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I've got the same issue. But my solution was slightly different from popeye's: I created two directories out of the Cubase search path, e.g. on another drive, called them VST2Off and VST3Off. So I can experiment what suits me best, and I'm able to activate/deactivate any plugin if I want to.

6. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

Different strokes for differenct folks.........

7. flworius

flworius Member

I am bound to Cubase 5.5(32bit) for a certain Reason ;) , so i just stick to vst2 and 32bit, my cpu can handle it.
    ive read that the advantages of vst3 are only sidechain and no processiong when no audio-in(but doesnt work 100%?) , any beside that ?
    Cause you say Vst3 are better for Cubase, like Water is just better for human body than Coke.