Cubase vs Reaper

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Atlantis84, Dec 21, 2021.

?

Cubase vs Reaper

1. I prefer Cubase

85 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. I prefer Reaper

94 vote(s)
    52.5%
  1. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

absolutely every forum has fanboys of some kind.

regarding your issues: I have none of those, I don't use bitwig like you do, I don't expect of bitwig what you expect. My use of bitwig is similar to what i'd do in cubase but with added modulators to tickle each plugin. For me bitwig at v3 was already perfect. At 4 is just adding minor bells and whistles i could live without.
    Instead of spending precious time making feature/bug requests tickets or videos, just make music in that time. You'll acquire the experience needed to get over the limitations you think are holding you back for being the best artist version of yourself. The software will never be perfect as neither our music. Just deal with it and move on. Cheers!

2. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

it's not my fault if you can't read, and again and for the last time, the fact that they have different default settings,is eventually irrelevant. Out of the box they sound different, i don t care why, they do.Then if you adjust them to sound the same it's a completely different story, and a stupid story.What settings do you adjust and on what daw?do you tweak studio one or cubase to hear the sound coming from them like you would on pro tools, or would you adjust pro tools to make it sound like the aforementioned ones? Guess what, there should be no adjustment at all ,bacause they should start from the same point, but it isn t so because each one has a different audio engine, otherwise they would all be the same, and they are not.OH, and to be perfectly clear, since i m tired to waste time, since someone felt the need to explain why they sound different because of their default settings, they gave the confirmation that they do sound different, not a contradiction to my statement

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

What pisses me off with some daws is unintuitive routing.
    Cubase has a natural flow to routing, grouping, sends and everything, like with a real mixing console, no need for manuals.
    Reaper starts complicating on simple things, why?
    Why take a basic decades old known workflow and make it unique or trying to reinvent the wheel.

4. ElecTrick

ElecTrick Producer

What Daw are you using ?
    Have you ever used Reaper ?

5. DJMani

DJMani Ultrasonic

I don't have a kvr accnt.
    I didn't make the video.
    I expect Bitwig to work properly!

Yeah, About Experience...
    I don't think experience should be brought up for risks of sounding like boasting or ego but you question my experience while you yourself have none.
    And "just deal with it" is not a real argument.

I have used Ableton since v1, Tour all over the World
    using Ableton for live Techno PA.

I work with House music Legends, Techno music Legends. I live in The city that created House music
    And from House music came every other style of dance music. even drum n bass.

6. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

For the youngsters here, this is how you spot a fraud pretending to be a "pro".

In real professional environments it goes like this: artist A uses ableton live v4 for his shows. Someone recommends it ableton live v5. Artis A will ask the following:
    - how this improves my act?
    - does it work on my current setup?
    - is it compatible with my current setup?
    - can I make it run in a short time frame?
    - is it 100% stable?

ONLY IF and ONLY IF at least for these questions the answer makes sense to upgrade, the artist A will upgrade. No professional will upgrade while there are bugs floating around in the software, or missing features because his everything depends on his gear working. So is quite obvious why the pros never deal with bugs and shit, because they never use software that is buggy for them. So the fellow here is either a very incompetent pro, or a fraud or both :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. marveljam

marveljam Ultrasonic

I wish that Reaper supported Eucon for higher end control surfaces. Until then, it has to be my backup DAW

8. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I find audio editing (still quite new to editing raw stuff like voiceovers etcs) not to be the best feature of Cubase. I guess being too familiar with MIDI makes everything seem clunky, in comparison. Same goes for not being able to shift stuff (channels) around easily in the mixer, and that the shift+alt "change values everywhere you select" command works... inconsistently (for as many as one or two things) at best.
    I've prolly forgotten the actual key command, but I'd use it all the time if it worked. Better.

Yeah, that's one of the problems I have w/ Reaper, there's no double-click (afaik?) to add stuff; makes it soooo slow dragging things around on big screens. Or key command? Also (when I first used it) I had a real problem w/ instruments also being called [FX] for some mystery reason? =) Super confusing! Still is rly.

Heh. Aren't we all? >____>

9. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Yeah, you can just just click and set values, add fx, etc, instead of drag and drop. I just prefer to drag and drop, it's one of the things I was presented first by Reaper and that I ended up liking.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. DJMani

DJMani Ultrasonic

I knew this would be your reply.

Well, I never once stated I use Bitwig for live use.
    or toured using Bitwig. I clearly wrote bitwig is unusable for performances.
    I clearly stated that I use Ableton for live pa.

11. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

I think it was pretty obvious when it was claimed that drum and bass came from house music..

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  12. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I'm not a professional musician, but I've used quite a few DAWs / tools over the years (going back to probably around 1987 ish). I've used some pretty difficult to work with ones like mod trackers. I've tried out or switched DAWs a number of times. It's always a learning experience changing to a new DAW. That said, I will say, as a "MIDI" guy, going from Cubase to Reaper was quite difficult for me to wrap my head around and things felt really unintuitive.. agreed. Now that I've used Reaper for a while, I don't think I could go back.

Reaper is a very powerful tool, capable of doing everything I need it to. It's just a matter of figuring out how. And well, now that I've used it for a few years, I'm familiar with everything I need it to do for my normal workflow. Maybe the very odd thing I'll have to look up how to do.. but that's rare. For me, you can't beat the price.. and can't beat the performance, and I love how great the Reaper community is and how active the developer is on it.

I do wish I'd given Ableton a go (never did try that one) because it seems to have some great built-in tools, but I am so done with worrying about latest versions being cracked/safe or not, when it comes to the DAW.

13. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Better in what ?

14. DJMani

DJMani Ultrasonic

House music came first
    then Techno
    drum n bass was influenced by both

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Maani.58

Maani.58 Member

The title is wrong
    You must compare cubase elements with reaper!!!
    The cubase pro has more functions and tool compare to reaper☺
    At the end reaper has ugly GUI

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

It was such a bragfest in that post I even missed this one :rofl:

Also I checked the "glitch" in the video. There's no glitch in Bitwig 4. Also who the fuck messes up 20x with the starting point of a recording to the point that the sequencer may get out of sync, is beyond me. Because even if it gets out of sync, restarting the playback re-syncs everything. As I said, professional complainer, amateur artist

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

next poll: pro tools vs audacity

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Influenced in the same way that Cannibal Corpse was influenced by Robert Johnson.

Drum 'n bass came from jungle, jungle came from UK hardcore, dub reggae and hip hop, hip hop can arguably said originally to come from disco.

This is not to say there isn't any influence but you're cutting a lot of corners here, mate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Noisetracker vs. Arp 2500

20. DJMani

DJMani Ultrasonic

Last comment to either of you.

This part is off topic anyway .
    #1 disco then house then techno then dnb!
    breakbeat hardcore came from acid house and
    acid house came from House.

It ALL leads back to House music.
    its common knowledge.

#2 Either learn audio how warping works, audio how looping works, how audio cues and loop brackets work Or don't comment about Ableton/bitwig and looping.