Cubase vs Reaper

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Atlantis84, Dec 21, 2021.

?

Cubase vs Reaper

1. I prefer Cubase

85 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. I prefer Reaper

94 vote(s)
    52.5%
  1. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Cubase here. Reaper can get the job done just the same, but its all about setup and workflow. For me, I dont want to have to spend a week customizing Reaper to do what I want, and possibly have to do it all over again every time I update it like it used to do with the themes I was using. I've got a job to do and just want the tool to get it done however quickly it can be done. If Reaper was ready to go for me out of the box, Id be on it, but after 20 years with Logic and Cubase (and now with Ableton Live), Ive already got all that covered and then some.

2. 990

990 Ultrasonic

I use both daws in my work. Cubase has variaudio. Cant live without it. Easiest way for me to tune vocals that sound natural. Cubase is great for songs (songs not music). For all the other stuff, reaper is years ahead. If you are working on other media like games or video, making music loops, sound fx, exporting hundreds of clips instantly, there is nothing else out there that you can use. Powerful export options, 2pass rendering, multiple clips in the same place on one track, easiest implementation of clip fx, lightweight af, subprojects, can import any video you want any resolution you want, no dongle, install on all your machines, 60$ ... You can customize it to behave like your favorite daw. I borrowed stuff from cubase and studio one and made reaper behave the same. If you are working professionally with sound, you will end up using reaper at some point. Remember that.

3. jon doe like pizza dough

jon doe like pizza dough Ultrasonic

bulshit
    nuendo is the best daw

and the most feature rich
    do you get dolby atmos intergraded rendering in reaper , NO !!

the only other daws that can even come close are logic and protools

in logic audio editing capabilities are low and in pro tools the midi editing features are basically from the dark ages

so yes nuendo and his little brother cubase are the most powerful and the most interutive daw

popular doesn't always means better for an example fl is probably the most popular daw but its harder to ues than a dx7 and the workflow is made like a factory in that context reaper is better than fl

all and all nuendo 11 is the best , most powerful, versatile daw (like do you get a such a good expression mapping future in other daws

don't get me even started on externa synth and fx

in other daws its an absolute pain to set them up

in cubase/nuendo you can easily setup a external synth in the software and use it as a vst

and in other daws getting something done even for an experienced user takes forever. the worst offender is fl try to use a multi timbral synth / sampler in it and you will rather go to hell than setup a multi timbral synth / sampler with multiple midi imputes and multiple audio outputs

for those fl fanboys hear is a challenge for you try to do this and tell me hoe long it takes

'' load up kontakt load 4 sample libraries with multi mic recording (spitfire or cinesmaples etc.) then mend multiple mic inputs from every instrument to different mixer lanes then group them together based on the sample library (eg on chamber strings send the close mic to one mixer channel then tree mic to another channel and repeat this process on multiple instruments then group the chamber strings inputs to one group then send them to the master bus)

tell me how long this takes you fl fanboys

conclusion :-

CUBASE / NUENDO IS THE BEST

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. JM6996

JM6996 Rock Star

Here comes the fanboys :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I always forget that a lot of musicians don't use MIDI.. I'm all about the MIDI, and yes, Reaper felt pretty clunky, after having worked with FL, Reason and then Cubase (in that order). But it's impossible to beat the price. (not to mention the great performance). Hell of a deal for such a full featured DAW. It may be clunky to do some things in it, but I've gotten used to it now, and imagine it would probably feel weird doing things in Cubase now.

6. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

Don't be a fanboy, just make and create your own music, your own world.
    What matters is the final result and the listener doesn't care what DAW you did it with or what operating system you did it on.
    No one ever asked me what the fuck Daw I wrote the song or the music with.
    I've never seen "done with Protools, cubase, Reaper, FL, Ableton Live, etc." on any audio streaming platform. I don't fucking care.
    I use Reaper and my daughter doesn't care.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

True, but have you seen the latest, greatest, shiniest new DAW from the Makers of the guys that brought you some other DAW that was pretty fancy?? It will make you stop using whatever lame-o DAW you're using right now!

8. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Platinum Record

I use Cubase, but I’m thinking of installing Reaper next to it to get to know it. Does Reaper see Steinberg extensions? Also, can that frame be removed around the vst-i that appears on the surface of the Reaper?

9. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

I use Reaper and my daughter doesn't care
    I use ableton live and Yeah give me five
    I use FL studio bro and I say Yo
    I use protools like all the fools
    I use cubase cause it's the base

Now finish this song with me!:bleh:
    Jokeoff//

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. birdboi

birdboi Producer

Not sure exactly what Steinberg extensions are, but yeah, you can remove that frame, kinda. What you can do is first in the FX frame thing, turn on auto float, which auto floats VSTs, and from there, the actual DAW options, you can turn on "Show FX inserts in TCP", then you see the actual things you loaded up, and boom just like that no more frame needed to see at all, however you might need to resize your track height to see all of it, at least that was the case for me.. Its not bulletproof, cause if you press the FX button, its gonna show the frame thing again, sooo FYI.

11. JM6996

JM6996 Rock Star

@kokorico
    "Frère Jacques, Frère Jacques
    Dormez-vous, dormez-vous?
    Sonnez les matines, sonnez les matines
    Ding ding dong, ding ding dong"
    The best song ever, isnt it ? loll
    :)

12. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

Un peu hors sujet mais c'est drôle.:like:

13. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

reaper is great all daws are ok.. i think that the problem with reaper.. is that it is too customizable.. i mean that is good ¡ but..
    if you want to do some simple commands to do something very simple you have to investigate over the web and make a macro command
    to do the simplest thing in the world.. like move the "cycle loop" foward by 1 bar or backwords.. just those things.. maybe reaper theme.. should make a..downloadable commands for logic users.. cubase users.. or something like that.. so the transition is not that complicated..
    reaper is great.. but to do something very simple you have to dig a lot..

14. JM6996

JM6996 Rock Star

Yes Reaper will "see" vst and vsti plugins that you have with Cubase !

15. JM6996

JM6996 Rock Star

16. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

@
    JM6996
    Yep, t'as raison. Tout ça est tellement passionnel !
    J’arrête le français, on va se faire engueuler.:rofl:

17. jon doe like pizza dough

jon doe like pizza dough Ultrasonic

whats your genre

18. Dmotr Softor

Dmotr Softor Kapellmeister

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the most important feature in Trap(not only actually) scene, i suppose :rofl:

19. Dmotr Softor

Dmotr Softor Kapellmeister

Cubase feels like freebase*
    ___
    * Cocaine

20. burgvogt

burgvogt Kapellmeister

Have been with steinberg since 1984 and got used to it so much I would never change it for any other DAW. Even though I tried Reaper, Ableton, Bitwig I am so used to the Cubase workflow I don't want to adapt to a new system. However, I am stuck with 10.5 because I am not going to exchange win7 for any newer version, as it would mean days of reinstalling a very complex system.