Cubase SX 3 don´t like Steinberg LM4

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by troviss, Nov 25, 2012.

1. troviss

troviss Newbie

I have composed and worked with music in the verry old Cubase VST32 5.0 for many ears. It is nice for me and I can quick start up a new projekt and load in VST instruments and plugin effects. I have used LM4 as drumplayer and use a Wizoo Basic drumset. Not the best but I use even a sfz with some drumsoundfonts and play that in an extra midi track in same time as I play LM4. Some drums and sounds are verry good i LM4 but some as I miss for a special style I can get in some soundfont.

All work fine but now I want to load in more than 8 intruments as is max in Cubase VST32 5.0. Then I must load in soundfonts in a soundfontplayer as is called Bissmark 16 and can load many of them in same time. But the problem is that I must play soundfonts and if I want to load in some other VST intruments it is stop, because of that I only can load 8 now. So then I tested Cubase SX 3 and it was not so difficult to understand the program and now I have done some testrecordings to learn how to work in it. When I try to load LM4 it start to sound verry bad. It is like some effect is loaded and it sounds like some eco ore distortion. Even so the sound lookes to go round and round and the disonance be stronger and stronger, so I have to press the off buttom. When I click on it again the terrible sound start again. When I sink down the sound I can play and I can hear the drums are playing, but it don´t sound normal. It is some eco or it is like it is playing in an other room or bad channel.

When I test to play LM4 Mark II it is ok and even so LM7. All other VST intruments and plugins lookes to be ok. In Cubase SX 3 I can load in 64 VST intruments, so now I maybee must leave my old VST32 5.0 even if I like it and wanted to stay. But I don´t have money now to buy a new drumplugin. I have lost most of the drumsound I had to LM4 and all to LM4 Mark II, when I had a massive infringement in my computer, so I had to format and install everything again. I saved most of the musicprojekt, effects and plugins, but lost some other because it was to many harddisks and files to handle for me when I was in hurry. If I can get some new drums for LM4 Mark II or maybee LM4 it could be verry good for me. If someone here can help me to load home some good kits for more easy pop and rockstyles it would be fine.

I have some other LM4 and LM4 Mark II kits saved, but I can´t load in them. Don´t remember how to do and have forgot how to work in the drumeditor. The best is if someone can help me to find out why that bad sound starts when I shall use LM4. The drumset in Lm4 Mark II is so bad and little. I am to old now(64) and don´t have the power to work to hard and learn to much from beginning as take all power from me so I miss all hunger to compuse and record the music again.

But if I must load home some good drumkits I think it is more easy to get for LM4 MarkII, because it can handle more moderns kits and is more powerfull I think than the LM4. But I have forgot all functions after all this years. I started with Cubase VST32 5.0 1999 I think, so I can the most in that program. But all this files and how to get drumkits compatible and right mapped for LM4 and LM4 MarkII it is hard for me to remember or know all about. And one more thing as gives plus for LM4 MarkII is that there is no problem with the bad sound in SX3 as LM4 has. Well let´s see what your help will lead to.

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

4. A.Kurbel

A.Kurbel Newbie

i cant remember all cubase sx functions anymore. i am on cubase 6 right now and waiting for 7 :)
    is downloading a new soundfont player an option?
    looks like you are just trying to play some drum sounds right?
    i would suggest a drum-vsti or a new sample library! all you have to do is installing and preset changing!

5. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Look for the fix by ARTiC or it might of been Z0ne i can't remember which one, but there was a fix, it wasn't ever designed to work in SX but they did a workaround.

Ps : Don't ask me for it just use google. Also seek out v1.1 PARADOX

Check ya inbox for a message

6. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

update

7. troviss

troviss Newbie

Thank you I hope I can find the best way to come through this. Telling you later when I have been testing some things.