Cubase R2R and Steinberg Activation Manager

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Gyorgy Ligeti, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

Hello everybody, I have a question.
    I'm trying R2R's Cubase 12 to test it, do you think I should install Steinberg Activation Manager or not? Will I get into trouble if I install it, or does it make Halion Sonic SE work properly?

3. dondada

dondada Rock Star

4. Gyorgy Ligeti

5. dondada

dondada Rock Star

Post like that are too keep all the info together
    all the info should be in the nfo

6. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    right from the nfo:

7. notrace

notrace Producer

No, for the best of both worlds R2R and access to all the V.R licenses. Just install V.R's eLicenserControlSetup and their license generator B25. Preferable, you'd want to install both of those V.R ones before installing R2R's Cubase 12 release.

8. Gyorgy Ligeti

Ok, so there is currently no need to install SAM on R2R. However if I install it anyway for my two legit licenses there is no problem, ie does not interfere right?

9. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

No, because the R2R Silk emulator is completely independent from the official system. This is the very reason why the R2R c12 exe is (very lightly) patched: the program (C12 in this case) is calling the R2R very small .dll (6ko only!) instead of the official SAM.

Same process for the TC Team release, it uses almost the same mechanism: a slight exe patch to redirect all call for license verification to an emulator.

I haven't tried VR version of C12, but I suppose that the hidden file that is installed in the C12 folder plays the same role as others.

So to sum up: R2R system is completely independent from SAM and soft / dongle elicenser, so you can install anything else (non-R2R) you want from Stbrg, you can for exemple use VR b25 (or AiR Absolute 5 kg) to be able to use St. plugins, if you have legit licenses they will work in parallel with not a single issue.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
  10. blade81

blade81 Noisemaker

Is it possible to install these versions of Cubase 12 on Windows 8.1? I know that officialy is only windows 10 and above, but did somenone tried?