Cubase Pro Update

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Philoso, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Philoso

Philoso Noisemaker

Man I'm so bummed right now. I was using Cubase 5 pro for a long long time and finally decided to upgrade to the cracked version of Cubase Elements LE 8. I was making a song and went to utilize my VariAudio and Warp features i use to love and come to find they are only available on Pro. This is a hard blow because 500 dollars is a lot of money for a home studio musician just making music for my friends, etc. I was hoping I could get it with Artist atleast. My question is does anyone know if i can get one of the cheaper upgrade packages that lets you go from Cubase 5 Pro to 8.5 Pro which i believe are around 300 using the cracked Cubase 5 Pro version by Ariso i believe? I love my version 8 now and don't think I can go back to 5 but damn I really want those capabilities I'm missing. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. Even going to a version 7 of Cubase Pro would probably work.
    Thanks =)

3. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

there is a -50% from now til sept 2017 for UPGRADE on Cubase AI Version which is added free to any hardware (like a USB AudioInterface like UR22Mk2) that would be something around 185$, i only know the offer in Euro its 349Euro -50% ~175Euro.

BUT i dont know if the Functions u need are integrated, we nee help from an ARTIST user. I have the Pro Version.
    https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/comparison.html
    https://www.steinberg.net/de/newsan...ase-artist-9-upgrade-aktionsangebot-4203.html

4. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I saw Cubase Pro on KVR for $225 a couple days ago. People have been selling them pretty cheap lately. Don't know if it's in your budget or you're willing to spend the money, but it's a really worthwhile deal to get it second hand.

6. Philoso

Philoso Noisemaker

Word that sounds like a good idea...I'm kind of iffy about going to Version 9. All my plug ins are 32bit. I know there is the vst bridge or whatever its called but somewhere i heard it wasn't very stable. Is this true? I don't want to lose my 32 bit VSTs. If the bridge is solid though I would like to go 9. I really like the new project layout where you can see your mixer while in project mode.

7. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I have installed both 8.5 and 9, because i still have some older projects and 32bit plugins and need to use 8.5 which has an internal bridge and works well, so dont worry.

8. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

no 32 Bit Pugins in Cubase 9!!!
    Dont even try some "workaround", so either stay 8.5 or consider 64 bit plugins...
    i have NO 32 bit plugins since a long time...and btw go VST3 aswell great advantage.

9. Philoso

Philoso Noisemaker

I dont think you're right on that one bro. Like Von said there is a bridge they have so your 32 bit plugs will work. So there is a workaround. Stability was my concern he's saying it's not a problem. /shrug

10. Philoso

Philoso Noisemaker

I'm thinking i might stay 8 though but honestly i believe most of the stuff i use has a 64 bit version in another VST folder but I never use it seeing as i was using Cubase 5.

11. Philoso

Philoso Noisemaker

On a side note....Cubase number 1 DAW inmo. I've tried them all and when it comes to my style of music making which is using MIDI keyboards and pads with VST instruments. Smooth workflow. Nothing beats it for me. I took a good week or so of watching a Tutorial which taught you everything about the DAW. Since then it doesn't matter what version it is, I can jump on it and do what I need to do. I don't think I've come across anything I've wanted to do yet and wasn't able to which is great.

12. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Im still on 8.5 \m/

13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I thought youd be bigger.:rofl:
    upload_2017-4-16_18-19-4.jpeg

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I`ve bought it for 100 pounds on ebay.za
    [​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

No there's no 32 bit support and no native 32 bit bridge in Cubase 9 like there was in 8.5. You'd have to use Jbridge or something, which people have mixed results with. Jbridge was always a massive stability liability for me. And Steinberg nixed the 32 bit bridge in the first place because the consensus seems to be that bit bridges compromise stability, even when they're built into a DAW. I know when I used samplitude the native bridge was always crashing. It didn't crash the DAW but it was clear that something wasn't quite right. Since then I've just given up on 32 bit.

But if you get v9 you can also install and run 8.5 like Von said, so you'd have the best of both worlds

16. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I could Def grow bigger for her >>> @ Real Talk \m/..\m/ LOL

17. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

Sorry m8 but i use jbridge with 32 bits superwave plugins with no problem whatsoever. Along with Vanguard and a dozen others.

18. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Imho, it is common for people to blame machines or/and software for their own mistakes and misuse of soft or hardware. Mathematically speaking it's a fact that 99% of system errors/malfunctions are caused by the users not the "bots". I have tried most of the well known plugs of yesteryear that never got an upgrade to 64bit with JBridge inside Cubase 9 and didn't have a problem that i did not find a solution for. There are some cryptic parameter settings which first time users may need to read a bit in order to utilize them, but in a nutshell it bridges your selected plug(s) within a matter of seconds and a few mouse clicks. Of course JBridge is not completely bug free as it's a one man's project. You may get the occasional crash once a month or so. For what it's worth, i found JBridge's author to respond to user emails and is always eager to help iron out any problems you may be facing.
    Cheers
    PS: I have a win7 x64 machine with 16gb of ram working with 32bit AcidPro7, loaded with 64bit vstis and vst fx utilizing JBridge's "reverse bridging" 64bit to 32. The important factor here is that the bridged plugs still use system ram @ 64 bit even though they appear as 32bit in your DAW. So, you can always revert to Cubase 5 and use JBridge to bridge any 64 bit plugs. Their ram addressing behavior will still conform @ 64bit after bridging and you will be able to use them in your 32bit DAW.
    The best would be to upgrade your DAW but if you are on a tight budget, i think you will appreciate the JBridge workaround. And it could well be the best 20 bucks you ever spent heheh. And keep the 200-300 you were ready to spend for something else.
    Cheers :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  19. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I only used Jbridge briefly and not for very long, but I don't think there were really that many settings. There are a few adjustments for laggy UI and a couple other things IIRC. A couple self explanatory checkboxes when doing the actual bridging. With the Sonnox and Soundtoys plugs (only ones i bridged when I used it) they would cause underruns and CPU spikes anytime I tweaked a parameter while audio was playing. Crashes were semi regular.

tbh Cubase got a lot of pushback from the community about removing the bit bridge. I'm sure they knew they would. They did it because people were complaining about stability and they decided bridging was responsible for a lot of problems.

20. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

They could have included an option for either installing the bit bridge or having a check box for it in the device settings.

21. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

If I judge them correctly, they got tired of everybody saying "Fuck Steinberg! Shitty Cubase keeps crashing on me. Waste of money RAH RAH RAH" while they are sitting on the knowledge that some part of the problem is as simple as having 32 bit plugs on a 64 bit DAW

If they left the option for a bit bridge, the same people would come back complaining about stability. Of course this is from the perspective of someone who doesn't use 32 bit plugs and couldnt care less