Cubase Pro 8.5.15 maintenance update available

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Guillermo Navarrete, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Kapellmeister

Hello all,

Today we have released a new maintenance update for Cubase Pro 8.5. The 8.5.15 update for Cubase Pro 8.5 and Cubase Artist 8.5 focus on resolving two critical issues:

- Unusable VCA connected channels when adjusting the volume fader with the mouse scroll wheel
    - Video engine not outputting video to external devices

You can find the updates and corresponding version history on our downloads section:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads.html

Best regards,
    GN

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. chippy33

chippy33 Kapellmeister

Running Cubase 8.5 64 bit and this update wont install as says cant find install package! confused.

4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Same issues here.

5. Guillermo Navarrete

Hello,

What is the extension of the file you have downloaded, and what happens when you first left click on top of it and select open?

Best regards,
    GN

6. chippy33

chippy33 Kapellmeister

The extension is .exe, it opens installer and goes through 32 64 bit selection screen then am told no package found.

7. Guillermo Navarrete

Hello again,

Could you please try the following:
    Download the Cubase Pro 8.5 update, and just leave it on your downloads folder, and then run the Cubase Pro 8.5.15 update and see if that fixes it.

Cubase Pro 8.5.0 Update ยท 876 MB

Best regards,
    GN

8. wouala woualouf

wouala woualouf Platinum Record

And why an Internet connection is mandatory, to install Cubase 8.5 ?

Last December, I downloaded the update (c8 pro was installed), and tried to install it.

I did it running the main app, launching the .exe, from the window with the flags, the x64 setup, the x64 exe, etc etc,

Once the installation started, it would stop at the same place, with a message like 'the package..', or another thing (can't remind exactly), and it would stop the installation.

After 2 hours, several reboots (everything was fine with the computer, enough hd space, etc), and after having the same behavior and error, I noticed I had disabled my Lan adapter.

And so I enabled it, and with the Internet on, I tried running the installer, once again, and, surprise, the error was gone, and the installation ran smoothly, until the end.

So, I decided to try something.
    I Uninstalled the 8.5 update, rebooted, etc, DISABLED the network adapter, and tried to install the 8.5, following the same steps.

Again, surprise, the error has returned, and again, it was impossible to install it.

I then enabled the network adapter, and again, I was able to install it successfully.

So, question to Steinberg :

Do Cubase 8 pro or Cubase 8.5.x pro REQUIRE an Internet connection (an activated network device / Internet connection) , for the INSTALLATION ? YES or NO ?

PS. Maybe some Cubase users could try it, by doing the same steps as I, and launch the setup manually, with all the network adapters DISABLED (blocking Internet via a firewall isn't exactly the same.)

9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Guillermo,that didnt work for me.
    Tried several things.
    I think the installer is broken and corrupt,have the Steinberg team check it out please.
    Best.

10. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

NO and it never has.

11. Jaycee3000

Jaycee3000 Member

Hi, i got the update to work by.... i clicked to install the 1st 8.5.0 update & it extracted the setup files to my download folder, then exited the setup, then installed the 8.5.15 update & installed without a problem.

well it worked on my laptop but not desktop ???? no clue why ?

on the desktop i had to repair installation from the original 8.5 installer inside the extracted folder then the update worked on destop aswell.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Didnt work for me.
    I have run hundreds of software installations and updates and never had this happen to me.
    This is an issue with a broken installer.

13. eddielee

eddielee Kapellmeister

dont even see the update my cubase still advertising 8.5.10 ?

14. Jaycee3000

Jaycee3000 Member

i got the update working on the desktop now aswell by running the repair installation option of 8.5 installer.msi in the extracted folder. then the 8.5.15 update. hope that helps.

15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Wanted to report the same findings.Saw somebody mention that on the Steinberg forum.
    Worked,but i still think the problem lies in the installer and not in windows.

16. eddielee

eddielee Kapellmeister

cant get it to work ?

17. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Download only the 8.5 update,run it and after its extracted run the Cubase85_64bit with the right click(repair).
    After the repair is done run the 8.5.15 update.

18. ericdared

ericdared Ultrasonic

:D starts great, workarounds needed at installer level... bar raised ? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

There is no Internet necessary for installation.
    Perhaps the installer checks if there is an internet connection available, because you are asked if you'd like to check for an installer update prior to the installation. So, if there is no lan adaptor active in that moment, the prerequisites for the check may fail and program stops for a while. I think it's a simple untreated program exception.

20. Guillermo Navarrete

Hello,

Regarding your questions:

You don't need an internet connection although it is recommended, Cubase now searches for the latest version available and downloads it and instals it.

No it does not, you only requiere it for the license download.

Best regards,
    GN

21. Guillermo Navarrete

Hello all,

We have found a solution and Workaround, we are currently investigating why this particular .msi installer had this problem:

This is usually a registry problem or the update installer cannot find the original .msi installation package, like it happens when launching the installer from a compressed archive (which extracts the files in a temp folder).

Possible solutions:

1. Repair the installation from Programs and Features (quite likely, the installer will ask to provide the original .msi, please be sure to be able to locate it by having the DVD inserted or the ISO image mounted)

2. Uninstall Cubase 8.5 from Programs and Features (the application only), re-install it using wither the DVD or the ISO image (to run just the Cubase .msi installer will do) and then run the update again

Best regards,
    GN