Cubase Pro 8.0.5 maintenance update available now

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Guillermo Navarrete, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Kapellmeister

Hello all,

Today we have released a new maintenance update for Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Artist 8.
    This updates addresses various issues in regards to the new window handling on PC Windows systems, especially with plug-ins, which are set to “Always on Top”.

For more information please download the Version History document.
    As always you can find the update on our downloads section.

Best regards,
    GN

3. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Thank you

Btw i like the new Houdini feature for Mackie MCU users :bleh:

4. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Thanks! The plugin issue was a real pain in the low pass.

5. MrMagoo

MrMagoo Newbie

Where Is the a trial version of Cubase 8 available for download so that i can ascertain if i really want to upgrade ?

6. vladcarlos

vladcarlos Member

@ Guillermo N :

Thanks for the info , thanks for the update !!!

Cubase 8 Pro - its out at December 3, 2014.
    Update 8.0.5 - Released at January 7th, 2015 .... on the Steinberg homepage .
    Wen i open my Cubase 8 Pro after this Update , i see ----> ( Version 8.0.5 Build 418 ( x64 )- Built on Dec 17.2014 ) <---- .

So..... not new but New-old update. :bleh:

7. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

anyway it solved some of the displaying issues under win8.1 so hell yeaah :D

8. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I am on Cubase 7.5. I really like Cubase but I am hatting the Steinburg upgrade prices. The upgraded used to be 49.00 now it is 99.00 on older versions.
    To be honest I do not see that much of a drastic change from 7.5 to 8.0 that it is worthy of the 99.00. Also to have a bug this eairly like a display problem is
    showing me that the beta guys and programers are not doing there job right. I know they fixed it but a display problem is rudimentry. WIn 8.1 is here it is not like it was just released.

9. MrMagoo

MrMagoo Newbie

midi-man,

First, i still don't know where i get a trial copy of version 8.x.

I have Cubase 7.5 and would like to test version 8.x.

What bugs me is that Steinberg has a patching/install app to install their products to Mac OS Yosemite. In some cases i have not had luck or maybe its the sequence of installation that i am getting wrong.

What nonsense is that to use a bridge app to install your products

My workaround to that is to use Pacifist to install Steinberg products to my Mac OS Yosemite. Not a bit of trouble using Pacifist to install Steinberg products.

10. dlearyus

dlearyus Noisemaker

i cannot believe you broke the mackie control features for surface controllers AGAIN...it worked fine in v7.5 and WAS NOT addressed in 8.0.5 despite LOTS of complaints/support tickets. this is basic functionality guys my $10K board is useless now. im beginning to wonder if reintroducing OLD bugs along with the new ones is some sort of "Carrot on a stick" buisiness model.
    it works well with horses though. show stopper guys.

11. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Yes I am just like you. I came from Cakewalk it was not X3 at the time. Cubase jacked the prices up. 8 is really not worth 99. Now 7.5 with var audio was worth the money. The features are just not there. also they still have midi and audio timing issues.
    I think I will be moving to a different DAW or just say on Cubase 7.5.

Steinberg is lame latley. The render in place was on Cakewalk so many years ago, Cubase just got it. Yet the advertise it like it is the latest and greatest.
    Also I find Steinberg has the Yamaha attitue. They can do no wrong, Just keep killing off there products and coming out with new one weather they are better or now. Just to make money. The Cakewalk People are not like this from my experiance. The were all very cool and support was always there unlike steinberg in the usa. They are very hard to get a hold of. THey removed there phone number only call back.

12. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

There is no trial yet for Cubase 8. I am on windows my self. but I am firm now after my conversation with the manager about the price increase I will not be upgrading my Cubase.I would have spent the 49 but 99 no way. Cubase 7.5 cost me 49 not that long ago I am over the grace period. The manager was arrogant to me I feel. not customer focused at all.

Also if you are on win 7 you need areo turn on to use Cubase 8. I turn areo off since it is a resouce hog.

I wish I could help you on the Mac thing. I am more of a Windows / Linux guy.

13. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Kapellmeister

Hello,

The price has not increased. If you revise the historical price upgrades you will notice that only the .5 upgrades where 49,00 and it started with Cubase 6.

The upgrade from Cubase 5.5 to Cubase 6 was 149,00
    And the upgrade from Cubase 4 to Cubase 5 was 199,00
    The Cubase 5.5 upgrade was free.
    Then the upgrade from Cubase 6 to Cubase 6.5 was indeed 49,00 and the upgrade from Cubase 6 to Cubase 7 = 199,00 and from Cubase 6.5 to Cubase 7 = 149,00
    So now it is actually almost 50,00 cheaper.
    If you don't consider the upgrade worthy because you don't like or think that you will use the features then it is a completely different thing.

We also knew that the display issue was not fixed yet, that is why we released a list of the known issues together with the Cubase Pro 8 release: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-8-version-history-and-issues-and-solutions.html

Beta testers did their job, we gave customers the option to wait until those were fixed and we gave them a heads up about this issues.

Best regards,
    GN