Cubase/Nuendo 12/13 Pro (R2R/VR) (Win/MAC) workarounds, discussion, etc

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by ArticStorm, Apr 13, 2022.

1. emdebee

emdebee Member

The just released Groove Agent SE v5.1.10 Maintenance Update causes a "No License found Please switch to Steinberg Activation Manager for more information" error in Cubase 12.0.20 Pro with the R2R license-engine-access.dll - Hmmm

I'd imagine this will also be the same with Cubase 12.0.10 Pro.

Back to my legit license-engine-access.dll and slower startups...

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  2. notrace

notrace Producer

Upgraded fine here. I'm running Cubase 12.0.20 R2R.

3. emdebee

emdebee Member

Cubase is fine, Groove Agent SE v5.1.10 is not - load it up in Cubase and Groove Agent SE will complain about no license after a short time...

From Steinberg

"Thanks to the update, Groove Agent now supports native Apple Silicon and the Steinberg Licensing"

4. notrace

notrace Producer

emdebee: I stand corrected, you are right as I got the error here.

5. iw

iw Producer

R2R haven't released anything in weeks, maybe you're talking about V.R and their macOS releases.

6. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

They changed protection... Now the real game begins.

PS. I hope R2R will not release any fix until Halion get out and Wavelab also.

7. iw

iw Producer

Maybe they'll go back to the dongle. :rofl: That was a joke, R2R versions still work. :)

8. Hennessey

No, but somehow they patched R2R emulator so it can not be used with new GA ...

9. iw

iw Producer

I guess in the next update R2R will fix it. :)

10. Hennessey

Yeah, but for me is irrelevant. I don't see significant improvements with this update, it is not full translated to Steinberg Licensing, still depends on eLCC, so I am not I a rush :)

There is a way to get working GA, I have it worked on my test machine, but, I cant talk to no one and in public no way, because of similar or even maybe this thread, they patched excellent R2R emulator! However, they have a lot work to do to make transition from eLCC. They have made a big mess and they will continue to do that.... Not fun for legit users I guess.

Still I don't recommend to install VR versions... It still alter system settings.... Unbelievable. So far I found that TC TEAM have done excellent job too, all others sucks...

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  11. notrace

notrace Producer

Appreciate the release VR, but I'll stick with R2R releases. They have been the best behaved in my tests. :)

12. iw

iw Producer

Such a move by Steinberg was expected. :)

13. notrace

notrace Producer

Let the games begin! :rofl:

14. Ambar

Ambar Producer

Here too in the latest VR release Steinberg GrooveAgent 5.1.10-V.R
    "No License found" error, Please Switch to Steinberg activation manager for more information. Just in the plugin version.

15. Hennessey

We have to wait updated release from R2R. So far all the tricks have been used, so it is Steinberg on move.

As far i investigated, legit Activation Manager is generating license on PC which is checked by app. So if you have modified Activation Manager, license will not be generated.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
  16. infinatesorrow

infinatesorrow Noisemaker

ya i cant get any of the vr releases to work on my older intel mac, been dealing with hard drive failure so havent tried with my m1 yet, but i cant even turn the sip off on the m1 asks for an admin sign in and wont accept any of my admin accounts.......listing the accounts dont help so i am completely at a loss what they are asking for lol
    I think vr got a tad over eager to release it, but i suspect r2r to release soon, and tc

17. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

As @Hennessey, I managed to someway make GA 5.1.10 to work (with eLCC+TC Team selicenser), but I don't recommend this version at all, why? Because it is instable, and buggy!

The instability, of course comes from the fact that somehow Stbrg managed to detect the R2R Silk Emu / TC TEAM A.M. Patch, and have modified the protection in consequence.

The best solution for now is to use Groove Agent (full) precedent version v5.0.50, which still works perfectly, no problem nor bug with this one. If you have the VR b25 installed / or the TC Team - Air selicense installed, it reads all the libraries and presets, even the most recent ones.

I have not tested the VR mac releases, only have analysed the files, and seen that there is in fact two patch: included in the installer is a patched version of GA, + a new patch (as it seems) for Activation Manager (AM).

For me, it means that Team VR have very well detected the change in the St. protection and adapted their patch in consequence. But there is a little issue: their patch seems to work only with Intel CPUS (as stated in the nfo). Even with Rosetta, I read that many users at the sister site are getting "license not found" error, so it could means that only a limited part of users will be able to make it work...

Too bad, because so far the VR St. releases are the only ones for macOS.

18. trz303

trz303 Producer

Big problem on my side :

After weeks of a perfect running Cubase 12.0.20 by R2R, today it gives me a "No valid licence found. The program will stop" at startup and refuse to continue loading ...

I didnt install Groove Agent BTW, it is another problem ... Anyone got this message too ?

19. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

Thank you to report this, because the other day I have this message too but thought it was because of all my tests with GA 5.1.10...

What you can do is simple:

1°) Uninstall St. Activation Manager. If ever you have to install it again one day, remember to block it with your firewall / with the hosts file.

2°) Reinstall C12, with the R2R installer only. You can of course, uninstall then reinstall, OR, without touching anything, you can simply choose to repair the installation with the R2R installer.

It should work now without problem.

For me, it means that ST. have managed to successfully deactivate the R2R Emu, simply in updating AM (Activation Manager) silently.
    I mean that you have just to launch AM once, it updates itself, then poof! R2R Silk Emu doesn't work anymore because of the updated protection.

So the rules are: if you don't need it, don't install AM. Stick strictly with the R2R releases and don't try to install anything else that uses the new license / protection system.

You can of course always use and install anything that needs eLCC (soft or dongle), including legit (paid) versions (= old protection), because R2R Stbrg. releases are totally independent from eLCC and doesn't interfere at all with any release using soft or dongle license.

For example, the last plugins version to use the old protection is GA 5.0.50, Halion v6.4.30, The Grand 3.2, etc...
    For those interested, you can use them with VR b25 Licenses generator / AiR / TC Team without problem.

20. iw

iw Producer

Everything works for me.
    1. No install (Activation Manager). :dont:
    2. Stick strictly to the R2R versions and you will have no problems. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List