Cubase/Nuendo 12/13 Pro (R2R/VR) (Win/MAC) workarounds, discussion, etc

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by ArticStorm, Apr 13, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You should use your audio interface’s for the best stability and lowest latency.

2. iw

iw Producer

Still testing it, with ASIO4ALL it loads faster

3. paulster44

paulster44 Newbie

Every little bit counts.
    Just curious if it works along side legit.

4. paulster44

paulster44 Newbie

BTW, Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge.

5. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

So a follow up. i got my problem sorted with cubase 12 giving me errors about elicenser when i uninstalled ECC.
    i checked with a process monitor programm and it turns out that the reason was VST Transit. i uninstalled it and installed the new Version from R2R and no Problems with Elicenser anymore.

Still got some other problems, like Cubase lagging at startup for about 5sec on VST3 scanning (flagged as "not responding" in task manager) and some unstability issues but i guess i will work those out sooner or later.

6. Genoveva Bernhard

Genoveva Bernhard Producer

I'm curious as to why Cubase 12 is updated so regularly - and quick - from Steinberg. I went from 12.0.10 to 12.0.20 today but I was wondering if I should've postposed that since, by next week, we'll probably be seeing 12.0.30.

7. Method69uk

Method69uk Member

I'd imagine as it's still quite new ironing out snags that have cropped up as people have been using it

8. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

There's been issues with the performance, some people getting good performance improvements, others not, the two updates so far have been mainly to balance the newly optimised audio engine, and a few quick bug fixes. Still some people still with issues, mainly users with very low latency, many cores, and particular hardware but Steiny seem to be working through the issues fast. Suspect the rate of updates will slow a bit soon. I wouldn't let it stop you trying as many people very happy with performance. At least that's my take on the forum posts.

9. funkman

funkman Member

hi,i cant recall if i installed vr or r2r 12.0,most likely was vr,as i dont recall any hassle installing it,think i just installed like a normal installer.
    im just asking as i want to install the r2r version as i want to update it and have read the vr version possibly does a lot of stuff to system that sounds like trouble.
    Is there a way i can check if its vr or r2r version i have installed for 12.0
    thanks

10. dondada

dondada Rock Star

did you delete the instaler?

11. funkman

funkman Member

i have both r2r and vr installers,cant recall which i installed

12. dondada

dondada Rock Star

if you have an entry under: programfiles / team r2r / silk
    you are lucky.
    Read the text carefully "for advanced users"

if not:
    read carefully all the r2r nfo and texts & "carefully execute"

both should take you less than 5 min

13. funkman

funkman Member

ok thanks i will look into it

14. gimmechords

gimmechords Member

I noticed the plugin scanner connects to the internet. is it required for plugin scanner to finish or are we good to block it?

15. KsiundzRobak

KsiundzRobak Noisemaker

Let's say you have a legit C12 and also installed N12 R2R. Both run nicely in their own right. What happens if you deactivate C12 in Steinberg Activation Manager?
    Will C12 run off the Silk Emulator next time you launch it or will it not open due to no licence being found?
    Has anyone tested it yet? I admit I don't know much about those magic tricks.
    Thanks for any input.

16. funkman

funkman Member

ok i checked,in program files team r2r i dont have silk
    so your saying i now should do this ...... if not:
    read carefully all the r2r nfo and texts & "carefully execute"

how do i do that?

17. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1. Install, TEAM R2R Root Certificate-R2R I wrote above how to install
    2. Install, TEAM R2R Steinberg Silk Emulator v1.0.0- R2R
    3. Install, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12 v12.0.10-R2R

1) i click on the certificate and install it with default options.
    2) open certmgr.msc
    3) Installing the certificate has dropped it into Intermediate Certification Authorities
    4) Mark it and move it over to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities
    5) It is now installed and the tester should also indicate it.

step 3) and 4) took a while to connect, because i couldnt find out where the certificate was actual installed/stored.
    Once the Certificate is setup, this is by far the fastest method from the ones we have. Thanks R2R.

18. pon_pon

pon_pon Ultrasonic

in program files/common you have 2 folders, one from r2r and another from steinberg
    both inside have the same dll, one hacked-emulator- from r2r and another for elicenser from steinberg

yo can close nuendo and cubase . . . go to steinberg folder rename .dll to original-backup.dll and copy the dll from r2r folder to steinberg folder.
    then all legit and original products read the r2r dll and work without license with no problem. You can uninstall the elicenser and all works fine.

all .exe cubendo.exe o nuendo.exe from r2r are modified to read the dll from r2r folder not from steinberg folder. Then you can mix legit versions pointed to steinberg folder and cracked versions pointed to r2r folder.

for best performance its have clear the ideas . . . are you using nuendo, or cubase or both?
    the legit versions are slow performance because need read licenses at start (about 2-10 seconds) and put on ram (with a old x86 32bits always in ram 156mb -slowly process)

best idea if you don need legit (hub etc etc) is using legit with dll from r2r on steinberg folder, and uninstall elicenser . . . speed flow . . .

but you need to decide the best option for you.

19. funkman

funkman Member

i really appreciate your replies, but wha im trying to find out is if it was vr or r2r i had installed.
    Im guessing that because i didnt have to do all of the steps outlined above that i have vr installed

20. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

If you dont know what you did, best thing to do is uninstall everything and reinstall again the last R2R version that came out.