Cubase/Nuendo 12/13 Pro (R2R/VR) (Win/MAC) workarounds, discussion, etc

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by ArticStorm, Apr 13, 2022.

1. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

About licenses, Soft-eLicensers and USB-eLicensers
    This article refers to eLicenser-based license management.
    If your software uses Steinberg Licensing introduced in January 2022,
    the following information is not relevant for you.

When purchasing a Steinberg application, you receive a license in addition to the software itself. The license initially comes in the form of an activation code and must be activated to be able to permanently use the corresponding software.

The activation is done in the utility eLicenser Control Center that is being installed along with each Steinberg application automatically. After entering the activation code, the license will be downloaded and stored either in the Soft-eLicenser - locally on hard disk - or on a connected USB-eLicenser (dongle, key).

If a Soft-eLicenser or an USB-eLicenser is required depends on the used application.

2022-04-15_014915.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  2. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

eLicenser Control Center on Windows

Please uninstall eLicenser Control Center via Programs and Features (Windows Vista or later) or Start > Control Panel > Software (Windows XP).
    Important: Please close all applications before starting the uninstallation!

Afterwards, please verify whether any of these files and folders are still on the system and delete them manually.

To be able to see all files and folders, Windows Explorer needs to be set up correctly: Menu Tools (in Windows Vista or later you have to press "Alt" to see the menus) > Folder Options > View > Hidden files and folders > Show hidden files and folders

C:\Windows\system32\
    All "SynsoNos", "Synsopos" and "Synsoacc" files

On 64-bit installations only
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SYNSOACC.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SYNSOACC-Hilfe.chm
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SYNSOACC-Help.chm
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SYNSOACC-Aide.chm
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SYNSOPOS.exe

Driver 32-bit Windows
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SynasUSB.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\inf\SynasUSB.inf

Driver 64-bit Windows
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SynUSB64.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\inf\SynUSB64.inf

User specific files*
    C:\ProgramData\eLicenser
    C:\ProgramData\Syncrosoft

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/...icenser-Control-Center-License-Control-Center

3. infinatesorrow

infinatesorrow Noisemaker

anybody try any of the cracks with mac os?

4. pon_pon

pon_pon Ultrasonic

lots of love for you . . .
    this solution solve my problem TOTALLY.
    Not running elicenser and not hangs cubase at start
    synsopos.exe was in mutiple locations, and that was the problem.
    all deleted, and all works fine now, cubase load better and more ram and stability for all system.
    thanks again.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

either somebody carries over the VR patch idea to mac or it wont happy as R2R release relies on the emulator, which is well windows only.

Otherwise there might be no hope for macos, that is my guess.

6. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

ok after reading this i checked if uninstalling elicenser control center left any leftovers in the locations mentioned. But none of the files mentioned where found on my system. everything was clean after uninstalling.

BUT somehow cubase now starts up without elicenser CC isntalled, BUT now i get a different error message which is:

eLicenser POS Error Message
    An error has been signaled by the Protected Object Server
    File SYNSOACC.DLL could not be located in the Windows system folders.

cubase still starts up but i gotta click away this error everytime now on startup.

So what this means is that something is still relying on elicenser.

i never installed anything that needed elicenser before on my system other than cubase 10 and then 11 pro legit afaik. i didnt install any vr elicenser crack or the kawa elicenser R2R thing or anything.

anybody might have a list of R2R elicenser cracks that rely on elicenser control center to be installed which i might forgot about?

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

There are a lot of cracked plugins that bypass iLok and other copy protection. In plain language, if you use cracked software they are now missing elicenser. You can of course publish your plugins as a list here. Or send me a PM !

eLicenser Control Center on Windows

Please uninstall eLicenser Control Center via Programs and Features (Windows Vista or later) or Start > Control Panel > Software (Windows XP).
    Important: Please close all applications before starting the uninstallation!

Afterwards, please verify whether any of these files and folders are still on the system and delete them manually.

To be able to see all files and folders, Windows Explorer needs to be set up correctly: Menu Tools (in Windows Vista or later you have to press "Alt" to see the menus) > Folder Options > View > Hidden files and folders > Show hidden files and folders

C:\Windows\system32\
    All "SynsoNos", "Synsopos" and "Synsoacc" files

On 64-bit installations only
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SYNSOACC.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SYNSOACC-Hilfe.chm
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SYNSOACC-Help.chm
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SYNSOACC-Aide.chm
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\SYNSOPOS.exe

Driver 32-bit Windows
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SynasUSB.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\inf\SynasUSB.inf

Driver 64-bit Windows
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SynUSB64.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\inf\SynUSB64.inf

User specific files*
    C:\ProgramData\eLicenser
    C:\ProgramData\Syncrosoft

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/...icenser-Control-Center-License-Control-Center

8. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

For an easy R2R Certificate installation, you can use the command line utility
    certmgr.exe, which is included in the Windows SDK. After installing the SDK, certmgr
    is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.22000.0\x64

Just create a batch/cmd file and add the commands
    Code:
    @echo off
    certmgr.exe /add R2RCA.cer /s /r localMachine root
    exit
    Then copy certmgr.exe & R2RCA.cer into one folder, place your cmd file
    in the same folder and run it as admin.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
  9. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

Im almost sure you are one of those maschine learning bots that they train for social media lol..

What has ilok to do with any of this?
    Also ilok cracked by r2r doesnt need any ilok drivers or softeare installed as they totally freed plugin from that ilok wrapper..
    What i wanted to know is if r2r released any elicenser cracked plugins that still needed elicenser control center to be installed..

Thats what i meant before. You are totally distracting from the topic with your "help"

I appreciate that you want to go through my list of plugins installed and let me know which of them uses elicenser but i just went through the list myself and there isnt one plugin in it that uses elicenser protection.
    Still something seems to rely on it obviously..

10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Are we having a bad day today and others have to suffer because of it?
    Maybe you are expecting a miracle, I can't look in at your PC, the more you tell us and the more screenshots, the easier it would be to isolate the problem.
    Then do as you think ! Bye
    Of course, you can erase your hard drive and reinstall Windows.

11. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

eLicenser Error Message "SYNSOACC.DLL could not be located ..."
    Problem

When starting Cubase, an error message pops up, referring to the missing file 'SYNSOACC.DLL'.

[​IMG]

Solution
    1. Please uninstall the eLicenser Control Center via the Control Panel of Windows.

2. Install the current version of the eLicenser Control Center.
    »Here« you can download the latest installer.

If the error message still occurs even though the current eLicenser Control Center has been installed, please contact support, preferably by using the support contact form within your MySteinberg account.

12. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

It looks like there are some leftovers from the 11 version on your PC. Especially in the registry.
    You should delete Steinberg completely and clean your system from old file remnants. Uninstall as in the previous post, after the Anlkeitung also the eLicenser.

After uninstalling, I would clean your registry with CCleaner so that unused registry entries are also cleanly removed.
    www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

13. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You are a difficult person.

14. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

Again. Not personal and im sorry if i sound(ed) unappreciative but you use this copy paste method ALOT in this forum (to an extend that i thought for a long time that you are in fact a bot.. and part of me still thinks youre one of those new maschine learning bots lol) and often its simply not helpfull. And you when you make one feel as if im talking to some aliexpress support who doesnt really read what im writing and/or seem to not really care to understand it and then only answers using premade text modules (or in your case copy paste) its getting really annoying and frustrating..

15. pon_pon

pon_pon Ultrasonic

i think (looking at my similar problem) you have a corrupt elicenser install (like me) lots of my files was in program files x86 folder and duplicated in program files, and wow folder . . .reset computer and not start any steinberg app, look in task manager for start up or process running . . . you need to find where you have residual files and delete all . . .
    get lucky my friend

16. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

Why would you recommend me installing elicenser control center again?
    Its so confusing to talk to you because you hop all over the forum cooy pasting but dont really read the things and also seem to forget what you yourself wrote just one page ago.. its really not helpfull at all.

Please just stay out of this for now ok? And im not meaning this in a mean way or angry at all but it just doesnt work out copy pasting all this standard "solutions" that doesnt really have anything to do with the problem its like you just read the word elicenser then google it and copy paste the first thing you found you read the word crack you write "There are a lot of cracked plugins that bypass iLok and other copy protection. "
    How would that be helpfull?? And it really reminds of bot behaviour..

And why should cubase 12 care for cubase 11 leftovers? Alot of people have and had both installed when you would check the comments on audioz..

17. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

I already checked all the locations where elicenser files are supposed to be installed and after uninstall. Not a trace of any of those files in any of those folders.. :/

18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Well, at least we are still talking to each other, I can't understand your accusations. So far I have been able to help a lot of people. Also, please keep in mind that I speak little English and everything is translated by DeepL the language translator.
    We really try hard here and invest a lot of time to make you happy as a musician.

Most do not read correctly, do not follow NFO, have not configured your PC properly. Are too tired and unfocused.
    I have read through your posts umpteen times to make me a rhyme on it. I am not a Steinberg employee and not a computer scientist.

Basically, you should first uninstall the software that causes problems.
    Then you should make sure that all file remnants are deleted.
    Restart your PC and then download the last working cracked version from a trusted site, preferably from Team R2R.
    Be sure to disable the antivirus software and then install the program strictly according to the instructions of the enclosed NFO, i.e. the installation instructions.

Perhaps it is now helpful that you again describe your current problem or in other words times say what you have done so far, so that we can find each other again.

19. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Then the error message goes away.
    But when he asks for it, which he shouldn't, we find out that there must be file remnants or other plugins that require the licensor. Or an older installation still registry keys or the like must be present. Therefore, I am for a reinstallation of Cubase.

Thousands of people here have also made Cubase work.

C:\Program Files\TEAM R2R\Steinberg Silk Emulator
    C:\ProgramData\Steinberg (Hidden Folder)

Regedit
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Steinberg
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Steinberg
    2022-04-15_163713.jpg

20. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

Of course it would, but that is obvious. Because the error showed up just came after uninstalling it but i described all that already but you seem to still refuse reading what i wrote and even seem to firget what you yourself wrote just a couple posts ago.. but why am i discussing with a bot? :rofl:
    No seriously please read and dont keep forgetting what you yourself wrote before posting.. or just stay out of this..

And i also wrote multiple times already that there must be something that still relies on elicenser.. so its just redundant to mention that..

The question is why?? Because cubase 12 doesnt have that kind of protection and no plugins i installed have it.. but i mentioned that already too. And i wouldnt need to write things over and over again if you would care to read posts properly before posting redundant unnecessary things really..