Cubase/Nuendo 12/13 Pro (R2R/VR) (Win/MAC) workarounds, discussion, etc

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by ArticStorm, Apr 13, 2022.

1. pon_pon

pon_pon Ultrasonic

my question is: someone can run cubase without protected objet server process (153Mb ram) ???

2. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Please read Point 1 and 2:

1.) VST Connect: In depth information and troubleshooting
    https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/...nect-In-depth-information-and-troubleshooting

2.) vstconnect.dll - hanging on vstconnect.dll - doesn’t mean that vstconnect.dll is the problem…

what it does mean is that “initializing: vstconnect.dll” is the last thing displayed on the splash screen before the hang. A common quick fix is to delete/rename the preferences folder - worth a try. Often this is just masking the real problem but it get’s you moving at least.
    Before deleting the preferences, you could try in Cubase Safe Start Mode
    https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-10-0-10-hanging-on-initializing-vstconnect-dll/120852/6

Well that's some information. Then we don't need to search for old file remnants.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

4. Genoveva Bernhard

Genoveva Bernhard Producer

I read the instructions for R2R. It's like a convoluted blueprint for how to break into Fort Knox. I also read Team VR's version and it's the same 6 steps as 12.0.0. In both instances, there were no options to simply update your previous installation.

Still, at this point, I couldn't even do a clean uninstall of 12.0.0 because Windows Defender already hard-coded and encrypted Steinberg's files in the registry and elsewhere. Even if I set all folders to not write-protect, I still wouldn't be able to uninstall 12.0.0. I'm sure there's a lengthy workaround, but I'm not convinced 12.0.10 is worth that trouble as 12.0.0 is working fine.

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Windows Defender does not encrypt files. Before you install anything you should always disable Windows Defender.
    This is complete nonsense.
    So do you have a Steinberg Cubase 12 installed now ?

6. bigbiggy

bigbiggy Guest

So Seems like lots of issues.. for a totally fresh install on a brand new windows computer that is 100% offline and has anti virus and firewall turned off, has never had any other Steinberg product installed, but does have the latest new Izotope plugins installed, is there anything important to look out for during install, am I asking for trouble with this? I spent yesterday fighting with a fresh install of Waves and soundgrid trying to take over my pc.. really dont want to do that again today :(

7. pon_pon

pon_pon Ultrasonic

8. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Your adventure I and others certainly want to hear. Why don't you tell your story with the Waves installation.
    Who is taking over what ?
    Online you should already be. Download the latest version, read the enclosed NFO and follow the instructions. Izotope has nothing to do with Waves. Start when you are rested and fresh. Turn off your antivirus first. Good luck !

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

As you already noticed, the new Cubase doesn't need elicenser or ilok anymore. After all, they have done away with copy protection.
    However, you should have an elicenser, because other plugins or cracked software often need the elicenser.

10. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

No, you shouldn't need to have that running on cubase 12 (especially R2R's release) - were/are you a legitimate cubase 11 user? Did you install the steinberg elicencer for another product?

11. pon_pon

pon_pon Ultrasonic

but can you delete synsopos.exe and run cubase (with no other plugins) ?
    I think you can run r2r without the elicense MANAGER, but you NEED elicenser

12. Paul Pi

Paul Pi Audiosexual

You do NOT need eLicencer for cubase 12, unless you are using another (legacy) steinberg product that does require it to run.

To be clear: if you're exclusively using the R2R releases, then you definitely do NOT need steinberg's elicencer.

13. iw

iw Producer

1. Install, TEAM R2R Root Certificate-R2R I wrote above how to install
    2. Install, TEAM R2R Steinberg Silk Emulator v1.0.0- R2R
    3. Install, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12 v12.0.10-R2R
    That's all, it works great. :headbang:

14. pon_pon

pon_pon Ultrasonic

well i only use r2r release, not vr, but i was installing download manager to download all content for halion SE, vstsound loops and content for groove agent SE and retrologue (around 400gb of data -free-). After this i uninstall download manager and license manager . . . but now, always i start cubase i have elicenser runing with 153,3 mb ram.

15. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

Please read posts (more carefully) so you dont need to post (unnecessary) information all over again and again.
    As i wrote multiple times now i have read what you copy posted as i googled that myself and i did renamed it (i wrote that in my very first post!) and it holds at "checking license" when i do so..

Yes and if you read my first post carefully then you would see i never mentioned i had any other version installed still you jumped with your copy pasted "solution"
    Sometimes its better not to copy paste standard "solutions" (like uninstall reinstall, read r2r nfo, check link here etc..) for problems that you are not really understand because you either dont care to completely read posts or just dont have the knowledge about yourself and then reply with copy pasted "solutions" that you googled which you think that they might fit.

Its not personal but youre confusing people more than actually helping them with that attitude.

16. db100

db100 Kapellmeister

So the question remains why would cubase r2r care if i deinstall elicense control center and i read about one other guy with the same problem even tho when he renamed vstconnect.dll his cubase 12 r2r started normal. I guess it might have something to do with what pon pon describes but im not sure.
    Btw. I have r2r root certificate installed correctly and silk emu of course otherwise cubase 12 wouldnt start when i had elicenser control center installed would it?
    I have no other apps installed that need elicenser. So its still a mystery to me why cubase hangs on startup as soon as i deinstall elicenser control centre..

17. bigbiggy

bigbiggy Guest

I already have the release files and read the nfo. I mention izotope because of earlier in the thread issue. glad to hear it should be fine! :)

re: waves adventure the 4/4/22 v13 was my first install on a new offline daw pc, antivirus and firewalls off, hostfile intact in case, run as admin etc., I carefully deselected all drivers and soundgrid options yet soundgrid still took over my audio settings and placed itself on startup, in several folders on os drive, the registry and windows settings for soundgrid speaker output and some other shit I cant remember offhand. I delete everything and restored my pc to try again fresh just to be sure is not user error. same exact crap. so I manually search everywhere to delete and used ccleaner to eliminate that fcckker!!!! now me and my ad/da interface are back in control seat and everything working fine.

thank you for tips, your instructions are clear and precise!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. Genoveva Bernhard

Genoveva Bernhard Producer

Yes, I have a fresh install of 12.0.0. The only way I was able to accomplish this was to reset Windows. Even with Defender turned off and the computer "wide open", parts of the registry still prohibited entry no matter what I tried. Anyway, I'm perfectly happy with 12.0.0., so there's that.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
  19. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Okay here my way:

1) i click on the certificate and install it with default options.
    2) open certmgr.msc
    3) Installing the certificate has dropped it into Intermediate Certification Authorities
    4) Mark it and move it over to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities
    5) It is now installed and the tester should also indicate it.

step 3) and 4) took a while to connect, because i couldnt find out where the certificate was actual installed/stored.

Once the Certificate is setup, this is by far the fastest method from the ones we have. Thanks R2R.

20. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual