Cubase/Nuendo 12/13 Pro (R2R/VR) (Win/MAC) workarounds, discussion, etc

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by ArticStorm, Apr 13, 2022.

1. secretworld

secretworld Kapellmeister

12.0.51 is out!

2. iw

iw Producer

• Cubase 12.0.52
    • What’s new?
    • November 22, 2022 – The 12.0.52 maintenance update is now available. We have received reports about issues with ADM exports and decided to release an immediate hot fix.

Please find all details below.

The update is immediately available for download via the Steinberg Download Assistant.

• We have improved the following features and functionality:
    • Dolby Atmos
    Multi-objects with LFE signals in their source tracks are now exported in ADM files as expected.

• MIDI Remote

The MIDI Remote API functions "makeRepeating" for action- and command-bindings and the callback "mOnChangePluginIdentity" for host objects accessing insert-, strip-, or instrument-plugins are now working as expected.

• VST

We have improved the automatic replacement of plug-ins in older projects when newer plug-in generations are available.

• Nuendo 12.0.52
    • What’s new?
    • November 22, 2022 – The 12.0.51 maintenance update is now available. We have received reports about issues with ADM exports and decided to release an immediate hot fix.

The update is immediately available for download via the Steinberg Download Assistant.

• We have improved the following features and functionality:
    • Dolby Atmos

Multi-objects with LFE signals in their source tracks are now exported in ADM files as expected.

• MIDI Remote

The MIDI Remote API functions "makeRepeating" for action- and command-bindings and the callback "mOnChangePluginIdentity" for host objects accessing insert-, strip-, or instrument-plugins are now working as expected.

• VST

We have improved the automatic replacement of plug-ins in older projects when newer plug-in generations are available.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2023
  3. gatus

gatus Kapellmeister

r2r method works with :

-WaveLab_Pro_11.1.10_Installer_win
    -Dorico_4.3.0_Installer_win
    -SpectraLayers_9.0.10_Installer_win
    -Cubase_12.0.51_Installer_win
    -Nuendo_12.0.51_Installer_win
    -VST_Live_1.1.20_Installer_win :wink: :wink: :wink:

if dont works....

Copy ( license.engine.access.dll) from the team r2r folder inside the activation manager folder.

What is the path for the activation manager folder?
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Activation Manager

:wink: :wink: :wink:

4. iw

iw Producer

Can anyone tell which version of 12 is stable for serious load 12.0.50 and 12.0.52 don't get up?

5. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

I personally use the R2R's last one, 12.0.52, and no problem so far, even with seriously loaded projects with a lot of plugs. I'm on Win10.

6. iw

iw Producer

For me behaves quite well 12.0.40, 12.0.52 is not well apparently my processor is old already. :dunno:

7. Amore_de_la_Vida

The processor of the machine I'm working on right now is very far from being new: the i7-8700 is a 8th generation i7 with 6 cores + HT, I have no graphic card, and 16 Go of Ram. Nothing extraordinary, and nothing new.

The only difference with you, perhaps, is that I have a Thunderbolt (not USB) audio interface, which is supposed to be faster. But nowadays, the difference compared to USB is less and less evident, because the USB products have greatly evolved these last years, so right now it's difficult to tell what is the best, USB or TB?

I suppose it must depends greatly on the rest of your gear. Only thing you have to know: USB3 (or 4) is not better than USB2 for audio, because these versions haven't improved the response time, which is the only thing critical for audio. So whatever version or format (USB-C, USB-A...) of USB you have, it changes nothing for audio. Only TB is supposed to make a perceptible, real difference in latency, to be verified in a real-life situation, with actual projects.

Concerning Cubase 12.0.52, perhaps it's not the program's fault, but a plugin's fault ? Sometimes, a new, not tested plugin can considerably slow down a session, and even trig bugs or glitches... To be verified.

8. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I have Thunder bolt 3. What MB and Audio Interface do you have?
    I tried a Focusrite 18i20 and the latency was a killer for me. The thunderbolt is fantastic on latency.
    I would no say they were even close in my experience.

9. Amore_de_la_Vida

I have a Focusrite Clarett 4pre, and so far I'm quite happy with it. I will not pretend that I never-ever had any problem nor bug with it, just that after some years it appears reasonably resilient, even on stage, and the ASIO driver + the command center are regularly updated (even now that this model isn't manufactured anymore).

The main problem with this interface (as with many other well-known other similar gizmos) is the lack of gain of the mic preamps, there are some situations where 57 db of gain is not enough. Fine (and expensive, of course) studio preamps can go as far as 70 db, and even more!

My computer is an intel mac mini 2018 where I completely removed macOS from, it is now a Windows-only machine.

I have also a MSI Creator Z16 Notebook (i7 11800H), but I've not installed everything I need on it nor fully tested it yet, I reserve it mainly for stage, as it appears to be powerful enough to endure real-time multi-track DSP treatment, mixing and automation of several - live - musicians at the same time, but of course you can never know what surprise a machine like this could have in reserve! :woot::snuffy: :facepalm:

I will see the final result only when I will hard-test it during a real live performance, on a real stage, with real musicians. Until then, I cannot recommend this kind of model to anyone, as I have no certainties here. Some said that Lenovo is more resilient, some others that Asus is better... We'll see, I'm not in a rush for now.

10. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I have a Asus z490 F with a 10700 k on it. I got the Presonus 2626. At first I was dumb founded by it. I used to use a Focus right pro 40 Fire wire.
    I never had an issue with the pro 40. I tired a 18120I usb and latency was a killer. really bad. I am not saying it wasn't Focus rite driver but it was not even close to my old pro 40 Firewire one. I play live guitar so low latency with amp vst in my inserts is a major concern for me. The latency with thunderbolt is way better than fire wire or USB 2 in my experience.
    The only minor issues so far I have is that in order to get .5 or lower I need to record at 192 k / 24 bit which I don't I use 48k ./ 24 bit.
    I still get like 2 to 4 MS round trip. Which is really good. I called Presonus and they said that is normal which is weird since with the pro 40 the lower the resolution the lower the latency. Which is just the opposite with the Quantum 2626. I guess they wrote the driver to support high end recording. I have no regrets going thunderbolt. It was more experience than USB but in my option it was worth it.
    USB has to much over head in the data path, unlike fire wire or Thunderbolt.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  11. lisekunz

lisekunz Newbie

Hello,
    first of all i wish all of you a happy new year. Thanks for this great forum. I found this thread with "workaround for mac" but didnt find any workaround til now. Have an IntelMac and Cubase v12.30 VR on external drive (as startup with deactivated SIP, status in Terminal disabled) and installed first the license manager, then cubase and then the patch and if i try to start it says "No license found" and ends up and i cant be the only one with this problem. So till now this "Krack" doesnt work (its scary with disabled SIP but i've tried and it wont work in any ways). Sad but true. If someone here has an idea to solve it, would be awesome. Thank you all and kind regards

12. lisekunz

lisekunz Newbie

...so if anyone else have the same problem: "Change the language of the system to english-english" and Cubase works like a charm in OSX. Sad that this works only for english, but hey the are bigger problems like that ;o)) So thanks for everyone here.

13. gorri

gorri Ultrasonic

Can anyone tell me whether the V.R patch (12.0.40) for macOS works with 12.0.52?

Thanks

K-))

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  14. curness

curness Newbie

I'm sorry as sure this question has been asked many times before but cannot find solution. I will attempt to go from VR to R2R as I wish to get those Cherry Audio Files working. But what is super important for me is I have many loops, sounds for Grove Agent, Grand, Padshop etc. What is step by step solution getting these all back again the easiest way possible which I have saved on an external hard drive, hopefully without reinstalling all over again?

15. wamto

wamto Member

R2R did not release v12,052 the change log is so minor from 50, somehow reading between the line R2R telling us : stay on our last version not worth the update, (speculating ofcource)

16. iw

iw Producer

Yes, for me no difference between 50 and 52
    [​IMG]
    I'm back to 40.:)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  17. losmoker

losmoker Newbie

who can give me a hand? i can't get it to work. i tried to install nuendo 12.0.52 version of r2r, I followed the instructions otherwise I had SLM, but when I try to start it it gives me the error that tells me it can't find a valid license and closes

18. iw

iw Producer

Do you have installed TEAM R2R Root Certificate?

19. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Cubase 12.0.52
    What’s new?
    November 22, 2022 – The 12.0.52 maintenance update is now available. We have received reports about issues with ADM exports and decided to release an immediate hot fix.

We have improved the following features and functionality:
    Dolby Atmos

MIDI Remote

VST

20. iw

iw Producer

• Cubase 12.0.60
    • What’s new?

March 30, 2023 – The Cubase 12.0.60 maintenance update is now available, and we are happy to improve Cubase in several important areas in both functionality and stability. We worked intensively with our partners to improve the performance with Audio Extensions and there are some significant improvements and fixes for MIDI Remote, audio export and MIDI recording. Please find all details below.

We have improved the following features and functionalities
    Audio Extensions

We resolved an issue when bouncing tracks with audio extensions on tracks applied.

The reference track is now visible in SynchroArts Revoice when used as an audio extension.

Undo and redo operations are now applied correctly in Melodyne extensions.

The Antares Auto Tune extension will now open automatically in a separate window instead of the lower zone.

Export

We improved the latency compensation when exporting audio in projects with external hardware routings.

We have improved the performance when using “Export Selected Tracks“ or „Import Track Archive“ in projects containing a large number of hitpoints.

Exported Broadcast Wave files now contain the correct channel description iXML metadata.

Surround channels are now exported correctly when using Anymix Pro for upmixing for all supported buffer sizes.

MIDI Remote

We have added a new MIDI Remote factory script for the HXW Avatar EMK-25 MIDI keyboard.

The MIDI Remote API documentation is now available online via Github.

Focus Quick Controls now continue to work for plug-ins which have been moved to another channel.

The MIDI Remote Surface Editor now supports multiple 14 bit/14 bit NRPN controls with different CC numbers.

We have resolved an issue where specific OS language settings could lead to parameter mappings shown as "Missing" in the Mapping Assistant when using the context menu function "Pick for MIDI Remote Mapping" in the plug-in interface.

Changing mappings in the Mapping Assistant now works as expected in the mappings list.

We resolved an issue where the setup of a Mixer Bank Zone involving multiple MIDI remote devices lead to lost parameter assignments.

Miscellaneous

Recording over existing MIDI parts in Linear/Replace mode and active Pre-Roll no longer plays the first note event.

Short MIDI parts can be now properly selected after recording.

Audio objects are now still connected to the Renderer for Dolby Atmos after re-assigning their source tracks.

When starting the application for the first time on macOS systems, the built-in audio device is now selected automatically.

We resolved an issue where the Edit menu could not been accessed when "Rename First Selected Track" was added in a macro command.

Quick Controls now continue to work when plug-ins are loaded by FX Chain preset.

Quick Controls now work as expected on duplicated tracks.

The octave parameter value range in the Pitch section of the Sampler Control is now set to +/-5.

Due to technical reasons the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" MIDI Port provided by the operating system is no longer listed in the MIDI Port section of the Studio Setup and cannot be selected as MIDI output for tracks anymore. In case the "Missing Ports" window appears when loading projects, consider to re-map this port to another one.

Plug-ins

We resolved an issue in REVerence with locating impulse response files.

We resolved an issue with MixConvert settings not being stored with the project.

We resolved an issue with Tube Compressor creating noise when being rendered including the full signal path.

Stability

We have improved the stability and performance in the following use cases:

When entering specific special characters in the marker window.

When selecting an Embody Immerse profile in the AmbiDecoder plug-in running natively on Apple silicon computers.

When using the Anymix Pro panner in projects with a 96 kHz sample rate.

When using Antares Auto Tune 10 as an ARA extension.

When exporting audio in projects with SuperVision used in the Control Room.

When changing VariAudio parameters on shared copies of Audio Events.

• Nuendo 12.0.60
    • What’s new?
    March 30, 2023 – The Nuendo 12.0.60 maintenance update is now available, providing important improvements in both functionality and stability. Please find all details below.

We have improved the following features and functionalities
    ADR

Marker selection now works as expected after performing ADR operations.

Audio Extensions

We resolved an issue when bouncing tracks with audio extensions on tracks applied.

The reference track is now visible in SynchroArts Revoice when used as an audio extension.

Undo and redo operations are not applied correctly in Melodyne extensions.

The Antares Auto Tune extension will now open automatically in a separate window instead of the lower zone.

Export

Surround channels are no longer missing when using Anymix Pro for upmixing with specific ASIO buffer sizes.

We improved the latency compensation when exporting audio in projects with external hardware routings.

We have improved the performance when using “Export Selected Tracks“ or „Import Track Archive“ in projects containing a large number of hitpoints.

Exported Broadcast Wave files now contain the correct channel description iXML metadata.

Surround channels are now exported correctly when using Anymix Pro for upmixing for all supported buffer sizes.

MIDI Remote

We have added a new MIDI Remote factory script for the HXW Avatar EMK-25 MIDI keyboard.

The MIDI Remote API documentation is now available online via Github.

Focus Quick Controls now continue to work for plug-ins which have been moved to another channel.

The MIDI Remote Surface Editor now supports multiple 14 bit/14 bit NRPN controls with different CC numbers.

We have resolved an issue where specific OS language settings could lead to parameter mappings shown as "Missing" in the Mapping Assistant when using the context menu function "Pick for MIDI Remote Mapping" in the plug-in interface.

Changing mappings in the Mapping Assistant now works as expected in the mappings list.

We resolved an issue where the setup of a Mixer Bank Zone involving multiple MIDI remote devices lead to lost parameter assignments.

Miscellaneous

Recording over existing MIDI parts in Linear/Replace mode and active Pre-Roll no longer plays the first note event.

Short MIDI parts can be now properly selected after recording.

Audio objects are now still connected to the Renderer for Dolby Atmos after re-assigning their source tracks.

When starting the application for the first time on macOS systems, the built-in audio device is now selected automatically.

We resolved an issue where the Edit menu could not been accessed when "Rename First Selected Track" was added in a macro command.

Quick Controls now continue to work when plug-ins are loaded by FX Chain preset.

Quick Controls now work as expected on duplicated tracks.

The octave parameter value range in the Pitch section of the Sampler Control is now set to +/-5.

Due to technical reasons the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" MIDI Port provided by the operating system is no longer listed in the MIDI Port section of the Studio Setup and cannot be selected as MIDI output for tracks anymore. In case the "Missing Ports" window appears when loading projects, consider to re-map this port to another one.

Plug-ins

We resolved an issue in which using Anymix Pro in projects with a sample rate of 96 kHz could render the application unresponsive.

We resolved an issue in REVerence with locating impulse response files.

We resolved an issue with MixConvert settings not being stored with the project.

We resolved an issue with Tube Compressor creating noise when being rendered including the full signal path.

Stability

We have improved the stability and performance in the following use cases:

When entering specific special characters in the marker window.

When selecting an Embody Immerse profile in the AmbiDecoder plug-in running natively on Apple silicon computers.

When using the Anymix Pro panner in projects with a 96 kHz sample rate.

When using Antares Auto Tune 10 as an ARA extension.

When exporting audio in projects with SuperVision used in the Control Room.

When changing VariAudio parameters on shared copies of Audio Events.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023