Cubase/Nuendo 12/13 Pro (R2R/VR) (Win/MAC) workarounds, discussion, etc

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by ArticStorm, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

Update about GA 5.1.10 read there

So in fact this release is not really an official "transition" release, it have not even been announced nowhere and there is no update log yet.

It doesn't even work for paid users!

If I understood well, for legit users they should release a new "app" (again? or perhaps an online service on their site?) to transition legit GA licenses from eLCC to the new "Silk" license system... to sum up this release v5.1.10 is a pre-pre-transitional (I'd add: buggy) release...

So as an advice stay away from this shit, better stick with old versions and the Witches.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  2. iw

iw Producer

Steinberg gaffes don't stop :rofl:

3. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Simple solution I discovered about GA and if you want to use the latest version:

1.RE - Install DAW (Cubase\ Nuendo) to R2R version
    2.Install original R2R Silk EMUlator release
    2.Install Steinberg Activation Manager
    3.Install license for Groove Agent with Team VR eLicenser generator
    (if you have them already, just install Activation Manager and you will be good to go)

Which means what :
    Groove Agent (SE) still uses eLicenser, but they have hide that, and what they did is that they updated installer of GA and binaries I guess, which check if Activation Manager is installed, if not, app will return with "Missing License etc." but in reallity license is present on eLCC, but GA will not show in eLCC when that license is in use, but in fact it will use.

So my conclusion they didn't update protection nor changed the SILK binaries, because they still do work with all Steinberg software, but they are trying to patch thru the apps, so no further official one can not be used with cracked SILK emulator until TEAM R2R came up with new idea how to do it (there is a plenty of ways to do that).
    They can GENERATE and ADD licenses to Activation Manager folder, but i dont know if they have the tools for that , because Activation Manager generates cache in TXT files which license is present and which not. They track all. And in dedicated directory, AM have license files, just like in old eLCC, eLD files. Just an idea....

Steinberg still have not made complete transition to new licensing system because it is a hell of a job to do, and most OLD apps still depend on eLCC, so do the math and you will see.
    For example, you can not install SpectraLayers if you have not eLCC installed on the system, but once you install it, you can delete eLCC and SpectraLayers will normally work (even if the latest update doesn't use eLCC it is required to have it present on system)...
    It is to complicated for me to explain, my brain is about to explode, but ya know who am I :D

SO WHAT TO DO :
    Just install Team VR licenses or that one from TC TEAM, Install Cubase from R2R with their SILK emulator release, Install Steinberg Activation Manager LEGIT, and that is all. You GA will work normally :)

Enjoy :)

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  4. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Does anyone know if the R2R Spectralayers 8 can be run along side a Legit Cubase 12?

i dont want it to mess up my genuine Cubase 12 Licence and are there any steps I should take, eg. block spectralayers from calling home in windows firewall and so on?

5. Hennessey

It should not, but be sure to do every step needed from R2R description.
    That is the main purpose of their patched apps, so they can get mixed with legit ones.

6. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Hi and thanks for your reply.

Can I just check when you say "It should not", do you mean as long as the R2R instructions are followed then it can be run along side a legit
    Cubase 12?

7. Hennessey

You are welcome :)
    That's right. Because their app do not use Activation Manager but their Emulator, so it acts like totally independent and different software. That is for version 8.0.20. Version below that uses pure eLC license.

8. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

Yeah its 8.0.20

Brilliant and thanks again

9. trz303

trz303 Producer

R2R on fresh new PC, clean install, and "No valid licence found. The program will stop" after 3 weeks.
    Removed, cleaned registry, re-installed ...
    No luck, still "No valid licence found. The program will stop" at startup.
    St. Activation manager never installed ....

Cant understand ...
    Probable incompatibility issue with plugins ??
    Ableton is my DAW, but sometimes I need Cubase for shared projects.
    Anyway, I will stay with my legit V10 version for now ... VR version is a no-go for me.
    And I dont have real feedback on TCTeam version ... (anyone ?)

10. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

this is very strange last r2r version still work for me.

Do you have any malware/AV running? This could maybe kill and delete files. Only idea i have right now.

11. trz303

trz303 Producer

Defender disabled, no malware/AV running ... no internet access (ethernet or wifi).

Yes it is very strange ... It was running fine since R2R release, then one day : message at startup and no more luck to run it ...

12. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Re-Install:

1. Install, TEAM R2R Root Certificate-R2R
    2. Install, TEAM R2R Steinberg Silk Emulator v1.0.0- R2R
    3. Install, Steinberg Cubase Pro 12 v12.0.10-R2R

13. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

not only deactivated, disable it in group policy. it makes the life only hard, when dealing with blessed software.

try reinstalling after all connected windows services are deactivated.

14. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

Try to reinstall as @BEAT16 says above... as Admin (right click on each installer -> "Run as administrator").

If ever you had installed it, uninstall Activation Manager (important! it's precisely this app which makes the R2R Emu bugging), or verify twice that it's not installed (check if these folders "C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Activation Manager" and / or "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Activation Manager" are present).

Note 1: For those who need Activation manager (because they have legit licenses) try to install it first, then (re)install R2R Silk Emulator (possibly: protect the dll "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\TEAM R2R\license-engine-access.dll" by setting it "Read-only".)

As a general rule, always (re)install the R2R releases at the end, because after reading the posts of @Hennessey above (thanks!), I suspect that the R2R exes could be "un-patched" (or simply replaced with legit ones).

Recall: As already suggested many times by @Hennessey , for those who really don't plan to buy something from Stbrg one day and don't have any legit licenses, you can easily replace "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Activation Manager\license-engine-access.dll" by "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\TEAM R2R\license-engine-access.dll", this way you could use legit installers too!

But beware, as described very well above, legit installers have the tendency to try to deactivate R2R or TC team emus, you have to be smart!

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  15. iw

iw Producer

Works for me, but I've disabled AV access to the license :)
    P.S. Download v12.0.20 from the sister site, not from Steinberg. ;)

16. trz303

trz303 Producer

I found my problem : it comes from the root certificate.

I tried to remove it, remove silk emu, remove cubase and reinstall all of them in the right order (certificate, silk, cubase all using admin mode).

But I still have problem :

[​IMG]

If you look at the capture :

1/ Certificate is installed
    2/ in Team R2R folder there is a Silk emu tester
    3/ when I run it I have an error message : "cert not installed or dll modified", ok ... but as far as cert IS installed, which DLL are they talking about ????

BTW : Defender is now completely disabled from my system !

17. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

18. chefcoco

chefcoco Kapellmeister

is there a way i can get Cubase to run on my 3rd generation core i7? requirements on site says 4th gen, can i bypass that?

19. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Looks bad, I would leave it.

- CPU minimum (Windows) Intel® Core™ i5 (4. Generation) oder AMD Ryzen™
    - CPU cores 4 or more

20. iw

iw Producer

@trz303
    This not to be Win 7? :rofl: