Cubase for WIN 7?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Sarawak_Sam, May 4, 2022.

1. Sarawak_Sam

Sarawak_Sam Ultrasonic

Which crack version of cubase works on win 7?

I have version 5 from AIR but maybe there is later version.

Sorry I must keep win 7 for now.

3. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Cubase 12.0.10, experimental/working build for win7 is on rutr+cker. Not tried yet. But might work, probably

4. Worn Soles

Worn Soles Ultrasonic

Last officially supported Win7 version is Cubase 10. I don't think there was ever a proper crack for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Voekit

Voekit Producer

P2P modified the cracked Cubase Pro 12 twice, and re-implemented APIs that require a higher Windows version.
    Based on feedback, it works fine in Windows 7, but not sure if there are hidden bugs that cause crashes, etc.
    You can easily find it on the Internet.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. i4m1

i4m1 Member

Working Cubase Artist 7 for Win7 from rutracker:
    Search: Steinberg Cubase Artist 7.0.2 2107 x86 x64
    Extremely simple to install, 543.9mb, only 3 files plus nfo.
    What is special about this version is it is the last version of Cubase that will work in Win7 with the Classic Theme. Versions above that compel the use of the Aero theme etc. There is an option in higher versions IIRC to switch the theme when it launches but that would cause chaos in my config. The only issue I have with the 64 Track Artist ver. is there is no Logical Editor for MIDI but that editing could be done in Cubase 5.1.2 which includes it. I suggest simplifying Plugin search paths or the first few launches will take a very long time and you will have to resume after crashes/aborts but it will complete. After that you can disable plugins in the list.

Also synths like Prologue are there but missing VST data but by copying the data into place from Cubase 5 Prologue works. If the Cubase 12.0.10 rel for Win7 does not force use of Aero I may try it.

Result of TESTING Cubase 12.0.10 in Portable Mode for Win7 (ru) in Win7 with Classic Theme

ERROR on Launch after inst VC 2022, .cer import, silk emu, emu test, restart, launch Cubase 12.exe in Portable mode without running .msi installer as per nfo:

ERROR:
    This Steinberg product does not support 'Basic and High Contrast Themes' on Windows Operating systems. Please use one of the 'Aero themes that you can set in the Windows Control Panel.

Unless the theme nonsense can be removed/bypassed in Cubase 12, Win7 Classic still works with: SO4, Bandlab Cakewalk, ReaperPortable, Cubase 7 Artist / Cubase 5.1.2, Ableton, and tens of thousands of other great apps just not Cubase 12. It would probably inst and run under VMLite by mounting Win7 ISO and inst and using Aero, as MIDI and Audio devices are found even in XP Mode under VMLite.

Steinborg bought into Aero, relentless VST/VSTi scanning without simple drag and drop of VSTi, Windows 10, and Silk and now they have been assimilated.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  7. Sarawak_Sam

Sarawak_Sam Ultrasonic

Thanks for all replies I am grateful.