cubase elements 9.5 vs artist 8 vs pro 5

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by tun, Oct 20, 2018.

1. tun

tun Rock Star

i have a couple of questions about the VR elements 9.5 release on the sister site and was hoping somebody could give me some advice. my questions are.

can i install this over my cubase 5 with no problems?

are the limitations of the official release the same with this one? (e.g. i can remember reading something about track counts not being limited)

would you recommend this over v8 artist? i feel maybe that is a better option for me as i usually like lots of channels and a sidechain input on VST3 plugs is also very important. (the workaround is too clunky for how often i use it)

thank you all for the help <3

3. mono

mono Audiosexual

Hi you can have v5 v8 and v9 all installed if you need to test them.
    im using or trying elements v8 by V.R at the moment
    cause i can't get v9.5 working to try it out and elements v8 is an offline install.
    V8 by V.R has lots of extra midi, audio and plugins channels like 100's unlocked
    but the artist v8 is not patched the same way and comes with the default channels number,
    iv also got errors with the artist v8 so have skiped it after trying to fix it for hrs
    but it could work ok for you.if not
    there are lots of ways these days to add sidechain with 3rd pary plugins
    so its not as important as an extra as it use to be and you can work something out with eader elements v9 or elements v8 .
    or if all elace fails you can alway try out studio one
    cause some of the same people that made cubase made studio one if i remember right.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Sounds like Artist may be a better bet, then, if ya can get it working? You can install virtually all versions of Cubendo side by side, if ya need to, including Elements / Pro / Artist 95 if needed.

Yeah, it takes a bit of fiddling around, but VR kinda maxed out track counts a bit, I think to Pro levels:

Extended edition:
    Number of audio tracks up to unlimited
    Number of MIDI tracks up to unlimited
    Number for instrument tracks up to unlimited
    Physical inputs and outputs up to 256
    Group channels up to 256
    FX return channels up to 64
    Number of included audio effect plugins up to 64
    Max samplerate up to 384 kHz
    OMF, AAF, MXF import/export
    Full Fraunhofer MP3 encoding
    Nuendo project import
    5.1 surround

5. tun

tun Rock Star

thanks for the info. knowing i can try other versions without killing my trusty old friend that is version 5 makes me feel better :D
    track count limits could be a major issue for me as my projects get quite crowded, and is probably more important than SC inputs on VST3s, so maybe VRs v8 elements might be worth a try for me too if i have problems with 9.5.
    can you give me an idea of other ways to sidechain with 3rd party plugs? for example, if use meldas mxxx, is it possible to get a sidechain signal into it?

im not completely against trying studio one, but it would be a complete restart for me as ive never used it in my life and i am so used to cubase. i will keep the idea in the back of my mind though.

thanks

6. tun

tun Rock Star

thanks!
    i think i will try both. by the sounds of it i might have trouble getting things to work, so maybe i have to just keep trying different versions until i have one that works for me. at least until the pro version is leaked :D i hope one day i can afford to buy the full version.
    i will lean towards the VR releases for now and try them first, since the track count is probably the most crippling limit for me. it would be a shame to have to potentially lose the sidechain, but maybe i could keep v5 installed and bounce sidechained stuff from there. if my computer can handle it :D

thanks for the help

7. mono

mono Audiosexual

8. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

You can use 3rd party plugins (free or whatev) as detailed here. Which should work. There's prolly tutorials on YT, too. (I think (hope!) the VR elements allows quad et al?)

9. tun

tun Rock Star

thanks a lot for the help guys! much appreciated. i still havent had time to even install any of them yet, but im really excited about it now :D

the routing in cubase is one of the only flaws for me, it would be so nice to just be able to select an input to send a signal to. maybe it is better in the newer versions though, i dont know, yet.