Cubase Elements 7 Routing

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Rhodes, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Is there a possibility to route the group output, back to one of the tracks in Cubase Elements 7 ?

In the connections window i see only input and output busses, but no Groups busses, that could be routed back to any of the tracks inputs.

3. MrRobRancor

MrRobRancor Ultrasonic

what are you trying todo exactly? you can do a bounce down of the group to a audio trackk i think

4. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Trying to mix on the fly ... in real time
    ( a bit hard to explane what am I doing :mad: )

:hahaha:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  5. MrRobRancor

MrRobRancor Ultrasonic

i know it's pretty easy todo in pro tools. not sure how todo it(or even if it's possible) in cubase and i've been a cubase user for since cubbase 6

6. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Not sure on what you want to do, but if i somehow understand it right i would create a group track and route all the channels your using to that track. If you want to add tracks once again to it then make it a fx track instead. This way you can you have created a channel that is already routen inside the mix..

There are other ways aswell like route it inside your soundcard if you have channels for it..

But as said, i dont know what it is you want to do..

Have a great Christmas everyone..

Vaijj

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I have no idea what you want to do, as you are pretty vague (maybe you want a feedback loop, which Cubase don't allow). Or do you simply want to route a bus/subgroup to a bus/subgroup, because that's easy to do by creating a new (empty) bus.
    Be more specific if you want detailed and accurate help (I've used Cubase since Cubase VST3.0 in 1996).

Merry Christmas!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  8. MarkSlater

MarkSlater Producer

Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 11.28.32.png No, you can't do that in Cubase Elements. It's only available in the full version of Cubase.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Marianus

Marianus Ultrasonic

That's exactly what i just wanted to type in.
    All the fuss for something that's missing by default. :hillbilly:

10. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Yes, recording from buses is what i wanted to do.
    I thought someone knew how to do it in an unconventional way.

11. MarkSlater

MarkSlater Producer

A solution might be having a soundcard with multiple outputs and inputs. So you can route the output physicaly by using cables. I don't know about using Jack if it can be used as a solution or not, but it worth checking out. Never used it so I might be wrong about Jack.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Yes. I have one with 8 in/out... I will try to route two output channels to two input channels and see how much latency I get... (and see if I can easily compensate for it.)

Thanks !

13. Neyder

Neyder Ultrasonic

I do the routing virtually with my audio interface but maybe not all audio interfaces can do that.
    If you have RME, you can do the routing through totalmix, in Cubase, you just have to set up multiple physical input/outputs.
    For example, you set the outputs of your group channel to 3-4 and you route 3-4 outputs to 1-2 inputs using totalmix, then record the audio track like if you were recording physical 1-2 inputs.

14. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

no, I have an old one... it doesen`t have that possibility i think (or I don`t see it)

15. Neyder

Neyder Ultrasonic

I'm pretty sure you can do that on Hammerfall too

16. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You can not internally route tracks to groups and you cant render VSTs to audio tracks in Elements/AI,which i think is pure bullshit.
    I have the AI and PRO version and AI is the same as elements,no routing,no rendering.
    I think Steinberg should include at least routing in Elements and AI its 2016.

17. metroidprime

metroidprime Newbie

With any of the Steinberg interfaces (with the exception of the first UR22) you can enable loopback in the audio driver and you can record anything playing from Cubase (any version) or from anywhere on your computer into an audio track.

loopback.PNG