Cubase doesn't recognize Kontakt 7 Portable

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Darkred, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Darkred

Darkred Newbie

Hi, do you mean uninstall all Kontakt instruments? or uninstall the Kontakt player?
    Anyway, the answer of @RenwickHoek did solve my problem of wanting to use both the player and the portable version :)

2. Darkred

Darkred Newbie

Thanks, the problem is already solved... :) and Kontakt portable is under "Native Instruments".

3. Q.D

Q.D Newbie

Don't know if it's like this for anyone else but this solution isn't working for me anymore. Tried installing a newer version of KONTAKT 7 Portable and now neither the new nor the old version works anymore. If I ever manage to get it working again I'm not touching it.

4. boingy99

boingy99 Kapellmeister

I had some problems with the legit player and the Portable version co-existing so I just deleted the legit one and manually copied the portable VST3 to the default VST3 folder.

5. gnuplac

gnuplac Member

Thanks for finding a solution. Appreciated.

Just FYI. With the portable version of Kontakt, you can use demo instruments without a time limit.

Don't know, whether the legit version has any other advantages over the portable version.