Cubase Bashing

Discussion in 'DAW' started by techdevil, Feb 2, 2019.

1. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

in studio one is a lot of a former cubase coder.....thats why there are similarities..

so cubase coders maybe thought each on teach one heh heh...

2. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

:rofl::cheers::metal:

3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

So what did you buy ?
    I'm interested in what you'll (probably answer) because I'm a S1 user who likes a lot its logic and fast workflow but I'm tired of all its small bugs.I'm thinking about switching to Cubase because I don't like all the others DAWs,but I read frequently that Cubase has some bugs too.
    What do you think,please ?

4. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

IMHO They are all what they are, software in continual development, pick one that works for you and make music and hope they stick around for the next 20/30 years.

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I bought Cubase. It's a lot like studio one, which you'd probably expect. It is somewhat clunkier, not as speedy and effortless but the trade off is that it has a million features and considerations that allow you to work how you want. It's also got... just... everything. Been around so long they've had time to add all kinds of stuff to it.

it's basically a deeper but slightly less speedy Studio One. It's got its downsides but I'm very happy with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

I dont see the point. OK, he's a scotsman, but if he still works in Scotland for Steinberg / Germany...where will be the problem?

7. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Oh. :wow:
    Ever heard about unorganized Brexit and the problems that will occur for employees of EU companies in GB? (rhetorical question)
    BTW Olaf's was a rhetorical question as well. It's rarely meaningful to answer them.:cool:

8. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I don't care about that propaganda pro Europe.Don't you see that? It's obvious!
    EU countries wish people change their mind and that UK citizens vote again,against Brexit.
    And UK citizens are right to want to go out of this stupid Europe,which is just beneficial to capitalists and that plunder all its citizens.

9. Haliax

Haliax Guest

For all its flaws, I would love to bash Cubase but it was my first introduction to sequencing MIDI when the only software around was Cubase or Master Tracks pro. Cubase has been around for longer that a lot of people on here have been living on the planet.

10. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Of course we won't care. Because we don't have a problem. Easy to keep cool.
    But as always, the normal citizens of any given country or union will pay for what politicians sparked off.
    At the end of Brexit we will all pay. GB and EU citizens because one thing is clear: it will cost a lot of $$

I always hated the EU as is was a plain politicians and companies union, nothing else. And in Germany the people were not even asked if we would like to be part of it. With the Euro, here in Germany everyone was expropriated by half. Within one year all prices went up twice and wages, retirement plans and income remained the same. As my son-in-law told me, it was quite the same for the people in France. At least in the rural parts where he lives.

Nevertheless an unorganized exit would be worst case szenario for the citizens.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  11. chippy33

chippy33 Kapellmeister

Been a Cubase user since the Atari 520st days. Have tried many others and have both Reason and Ableton as stable mates. For me Cubase works. I like the work flow and have never encountered any issue that stopped my workflow. Each to their own, but Cubase just works for me...

12. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

They make the Brexit to cost an incredible amount of Euros in order to change the UK citizens' mind and vote again against Brexit,and the EU citizens to still want the Europe.
    How/Why the fuck the Brexit could cost billions Euros??!! It's only administrative modifications,some new computers and some buildings,how the hell could it cost many billions??!! I'm not an economist but I'm convinced it's an insane bullshit.It's another trick they have found for stealing us again.Everything is a good reason for stealing us.
    I hate this EU,if tomorrow it could be a Frexit I wwould be happy.
    EU is the biggest corrupted conglomerate around the world,they just care about lobbies/politicians.
    France was a great country and todays it's a misery third world country.We don't know if we are in France or in Africa(because intellectuals find Africans better than Whites),(white)people can't buy food for the whole month,some (white) people work but they live in their car because they can't pay their rent,no factories anymore,etc...EU is too much.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  13. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I would have said that some years ago. But my daughter married in France and it's much easier to handle that than before EU.
    I hate this EU as you do, so I'm not making PR for EU but these billions in question just don't have to do anything with brexit. It's an amount of money, GB owes the EU from clearing measures. This wasn't much disputed between the two parties and the Brits don't really have a problem paying it. If they would remain in EU they'll have to pay it anyways. But the GB citizens are lead to believe it has to do with Brexit by EU officials, you are right.
    Totally right. It's this EU we hate because it's an EU of politicians and companies. But an EU of the people I would like.
    But we're really, really far away from topic mate :)

14. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Oh,if your daughter get married because of EU,it's worth to stay in EU ! :lmao:

15. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Guys with respect, I started this thread after watching endless shit about Brexit on the telly, and reading endless shit about Cubase on this forum. Now I seem to have created even more more of both of it! Arggg... I future I'm going to try keeping my big gob shut, do me a favour and can we call it quits please :mates:big hugs all round ehh..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Back on topic.
    Most of us are using things all day because we are used to. We don't like changes. This is true for cars, vacuum cleaners, political parties AND DAWs (even for spouses I'm afraid btw. :yes:)
    For me, Cubase is the DAW I learned on making music many years in the past.
    Cubase is not really fun to work with and it's not very attractive to look at. Far from being intuitive. But I know how to handle it, almost while I sleep. So I use it. The best thing one can say about it is it works (in the .5 versions). And that's what I like about it. It's like my 15 years old Audi A8. No electronic thingies no twitter no facebook. But it runs like a charm in a way that makes me not to think about buying a newer say Toyota.
    I don't buy every iteration of Cubase, mostly every second .5 versions after some months. Not because I like the vendor but because I bought a Cubase lic for if I remember right, $30 used. This way cost of ownership for Cubase is not that high.
    And, oh, I never needed to contact Steinbergs support. That may be the main reason for my contendedness:rofl:

17. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Ain't that the truth! XD You usually end up w/ moar issues than you started with, no kidding!

18. euromisk

euromisk Newbie

Offtop. I wish UK stayed. For balance. Now it will be just Germany.

19. thepie

thepie Ultrasonic

Steinberg are thinking of moving HQ to UK after Brexit.

20. Haliax

Haliax Guest

If that were true, I might apply for a product manager role