Cubase Artist vs Pro for making techno

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by farao, May 8, 2019.

1. farao

farao Rock Star

Hi there all!

I am thinking of buying Cubase 10 now when it is 50% off. But I am not sure if I should buy Artist or Pro.

I have looked at the comparison charts, but it does not make the choice much clearer to me. Can you who have tried both try to explain the differences in plain english. I am a jazz pianist who enjoy making techno songs and my platform is Win 10.

Very thankful for thoughts and advice on the differences between Artist and Pro when mainly use is for making and producing techno tracks/songs.

3. Nasema

Nasema Member

Main difference other than the obvious unlimited tracks and higher groups count is that Pro has variaudio 3 which means you can stretch and repitch audio natively within the DAW which may be handy for sample or vocal tuning/timings. It's like having Melodyne built in, and i find nicer to use.

Other than that, you may not fully appreciate the additional options in Pro, Artist is still very good.

Do you own a current DAW so that you can do the competitive crossgrade? If so, that's a really great offer for Pro. Absolute no brainer for me. however, the other consideration is the yearly update cycle will work out cheaper for Artist if you intend on getting each update as it's released.

Last edited: May 9, 2019