Cubase AI/LE 4,5,6,7,8 owners, special upgrade offer.

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Von_Steyr, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

If you own cubase AI/LE you can go to your steinberg account, hit vouchers and update to cubase AI/LE 9 for only 9,99 euros.
    The offer is valid untill 1.1.2018.
    Regular price is 29,99 euros.

Who is entitled for the update to Cubase AI 9/Cubase LE 9?

All users that have one of the following licenses registered with their MySteinberg account are entitled.
    Cubase AI 4 · Cubase AI 5 · Cubase AI 6 · Cubase AI 7 · Cubase AI 8
    Cubase LE 4 · Cubase LE 5 · Cubase LE 6 · Cubase LE 7 · Cubase LE 8

Please note: The special offer is available only once for each registered user.

Cheap solution if you need an additional daw for your laptop, on the road, for ideas etc....

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. MORTIX

MORTIX Kapellmeister

Where do i find the vouchers option? Its on my steinberg site? I might upgrade it for my mobile rig..

4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Yea, you need to log in.

5. MORTIX

MORTIX Kapellmeister

I found it.. But it is even more striped than the Elements version.. it has only 4 inserts.. I think i will pass but thanks for the tip..

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You can update it to elements for 50 bucks, i got that offer for my AI 8.
    Plus, you take this session to artist or pro, hence you dont need that many inserts to begin with,imo that is.

7. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

And give steinberg extra 50 bucks? Upgrade price from elements/ai/le/4/5/6/7/8/9 to pro is the same.

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I dont understand what you mean exactly.We arent talking upgrade to pro.

9. DanielFaraday

I'm talking about upgrade to pro. Because anyway in the end you will do this. So why spend extra money for unnecessary steps?

10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Wrong assumption.
    Many of us already have pro and need a 2nd daw for the road, doesnt have to be pro, can be AI,LE,Elements...

11. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

If you already have the "Pro" you only need your iLok key to use "on the road".
    Assuming that many don't have the "pro" version (I have but don't use) the AI or LE versions are basically useless "on the road".
    Reaper in other hand, is the DAW that had surprise me since I started to test it this week.
    Totally recommend it!!!

12. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Exactly! :wink::wink:

13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

AI,LE,Elements are great for writing ideas.Sure, everybody has a different meaning as to what on the road means, but many are not comfortable taking the dongle on the road and im also not comfortable using reaper, since i dont like it at all, its a mess of a daw.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

No, first, it's not an iLok you'll need, second it's quite dangerous to take the Steinberg USB licenser on the road, because i'ts easy to loose. If you've got some third party lics on the stick it'll be a horror to reactivate everything.
    So, my dongles stay at home.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  15. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

For me it sounds like a good idea to have a "smaller" version on my laptop.
    I used to have a "shareware" version on the laptop but it's only 32 bit and V5.

Btw. I would prefer an iLok over a USB eLicenser because (most) licenses can be bound/unbound via software to a machine and a spare license can remain on the dongle.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

How dare????.....I am using it :phunk:

17. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

:rofl:
    :mates:

18. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

So instead using your dongle with the full version, you should buy another shriked version of what you already have?!?
    Ok... The dongle could vanish, it could break etc I agree to that, but even that can be solved with Steinberg.... so why buying another shrinked version besides the fact you´ll pay Steinberg once more???

19. DanielFaraday

This is how steinberg marketing actually works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Can you blame us for being ahead of time?
    [​IMG]

21. MORTIX

MORTIX Kapellmeister

Yeah.. i don`t mind having a shrinked version for compose on the road.. Like the Elements.. So later if i want i can transpose it to the Pro Version.. and for 50 bucks its acceptable what it can do.. but the AI versions its too shrinked for me.. its too limited.. And i`ve done full songs only in the Elements version with no problem.. Even with sidechain problem replaced for volume shapers and lfo tools with the midi triggering.. And i`m saying this because all my dongles stay at home with the pro version so dont risk to lose it.. And f i need more tracks or other extra stuff i still have ableton on reaper installed on mobile rig..

And i buyed the Elements after buying the Pro version.. I see a lot of people just wanting the big one and if you want to carry your dongle just save your money for the Pro.. just my 2 cents.. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List