Cubase 9 pro trial is out.

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Von_Steyr, Mar 9, 2017.

1. almightyshux

almightyshux Ultrasonic

Not sure I understand "register your cubase" since when were upgrades ever free? I've always paid, be though as it may, a few version WAY back.

2. m9cao

m9cao Producer

install and uninstalled, never install cubase again in any version.
    I must buy a usb licenser for a demo?
    middle finger forever for any cubase spam, ever

3. m9cao

m9cao Producer

remember that I have a steinberg accout, I had bought steinberg audio interface some years ago, massive mistake!

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

The v9 update? Yeah I got it in December. I'm a fan. I just don't know if it's dumber to have a Cubase demo that doesn't apply to people without eLicenser.. or to just have a DAW without a demo.

5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

so you went ahead and paid Steinberg's ransom... I was a little revolted at $99 for an update..
    sounds like you are a fan .. it's your primary production DAW now ?

6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

If you buy, install and register your Cubase 9 within 6 weeks (usually) of the first Wednesday of December (assuming they will stick to that release), when they release Cubase 9.5 on that Wednesday you will get afree upgrade from you Cubase 9 to Cubase 9.5 as you would be within the grace period. Not that complicated really :)

If you looked onteh Steinberg site, you would have your answer: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/grace_period/cubase_9_grace_period_info.html

7. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

What your friend is probably referring to is the new Plugin-in Sentinel. The sentinel system just looks for plug-ins that are either incompatible (such as 32bit) or may cause instability. I run a fully legit setup so no cracked plugins on my system, but I would assume cracked or legit wouldn't make a difference. Ive only had one issue with my iZotope plugins where it blacklisted them. Oddly enough, iZotope for whatever reason installs two versions of the same vst just renamed (ex: iZOzone.dll and iZotopeOzone.dll)... all "iZ" dlls where immediately blacklisted but "iZotope" versions launched fine. I simply deleted the "iZ" versions and problem solved.

8. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Nah it's my primary DAW for vocals. Comping, editing, mixing, and the like.. it does these things in a way that suits me better than any I've used.

People keep talking about $99 for an update like it's a bad thing. Is it because there's a .5 version? Unless this whole forum is using Reaper or FL Studio I don't understand the emphasis on it. I think it's a contagious case of the Big Bad Steingerg's. Even if I count the $50 .5 update it's still the same price or cheaper than most others I can think of. Live charges 200-300 for updates. Studio One $150. Bitwig $180 plus yearly subscription fee. Samplitude $200.

9. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

If you're using it, and you need it what is the problem in 99$ ?!?? Employees of Steinberg must pay bills also.
    If you don't like it, switch to something different.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. fuziohm

fuziohm Ultrasonic

even if you daw is expensive, it's your work, a professional producer spend the most time of his life looking and using their daw man, the money can't be the reason to change daw.

11. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah.. just reminds me why I have never bought a license for those... gracias amigo :wink:
    and you did make Shhhhteinberng look well.. not so bad in comparison

yeah that's right.. I don't need to eat cornflakes every day too.. I should just send it out
    on schedule as whenever they graciously decide to put out a 0.5 , even if it's less than
    6 months since I bought the damn thing..

the software is good, not the issue here, rather the policies, and respect for their customer..
    but I have no right to expect that in the face of Steinberg eh?

and you're right again.. I do use another DAW as opposed to Cubase... I suppose I wasted my own
    money, so maybe I should consider it charity..

I think around here it's mostly because nobody can crack it.. :bleh:
    I do have a cheaper version of some of their hardware too.. which came
    with a nice fat design flaw...that they apparently never wanted to make any effort
    to address, just keep putting out new versions of it with more bells and whistles
    for the revenue .. but F the issues people are having with it...

no I'm not bitter , I still use it and will be making my own work around

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2017
  12. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yeah I've said this over and over but Live's pricing is kind of egregious. $700 for Live Suite is batshit insane. I bought it used but that's not gonna be an option when it's upgrade time. I'll have to sell a kidney or something. By comparison, Cubase is quite affordable. Yet nobody except me criticized Ableton for this. Steinberg's PR problem on AS is that it's not cracked, so our little local culture is very unforgiving of them.

Guess I don't blame you but I'm always a little puzzled when these conversations come up. Really what is $100-150 once a year? We're talking about music paraphernalia. I spend that on pizza.

You're... a reaper guy, is that right?

13. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

correctamundo compadre

14. John V

John V Ultrasonic

Does the time hack still works to have this as an unlimited demo?

15. justinbieber

justinbieber Newbie

16. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

congratulations for taking this name as your user name .

17. akashaman

akashaman Guest

been watching the Hans Zimmer master Class series & noticed he uses Cubase.
    of course he is of German heritage : i figure if its good enuff for Hans , its good enuff for me. -- LOL
    F Pro Fools , hehe

recently went from 5 to 9 & am still in awe over how badd ass this app is !
    rock on studio warriors

18. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

dont think you can "crack" it. steinberg was really careful like always wrapping the elic code around their cubase/nuendo code. i think the only way is to emulate the elic, but im still open to be proven wrong.
    actual i dont care about cubase. for the nonsense requesting - nexus 2 would help, which also uses elic.

19. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

if NONE of alle these DAWS was cracked, we only had 3-4 ones left. Und sure enough Cubase would be best of all.
    And no one would complain abt the money to invest (abt 100 per year).
    Most of you base their opinion on the stolen content they own and never have paid for. Imagine you would have to pay for all of it.

Once i decided to go full legit for every production i am happy with every "addon" Cubase gave me.
    I dont invest in 3rd party "EQs or Synths or any other hyped Bullshit".
    I only bought Omnisphere 2 years ago and some Pluginguru templates. Thats all, and i am very happy with my decisions.
    And i bet there will not be a real crack on Cubase, so the people developing it, will have a reason to go on.

20. Riansky

Riansky Kapellmeister

Did it ever work on a cubase pro demo ?