Cubase 9 pro trial is out.

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Von_Steyr, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Whole lotta good that does for anyone that doesn't already own Cubase. I just got lucky AF that I happened to love it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

maybe the only DAW that I will switch from Logic Pro X ...
    too expensive for me.. and I hate usb e-licensers..

5. Listening_player

Listening_player Member

Do you know when the update is usual on sale? I´d like to upgrade from 8,5 before 9,5 is out, but 100€ is a bit too much for the few new features. Perhaps I will upgrade in November so that im in the grace period for 9,5

6. Avenel

Avenel Kapellmeister

i say the time has come for R2R or AudioUtopia to finally close the gap on cubase.

7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

The new x.5 or x.0 versions always come out on the first Wednesday of December, and have done since about version 5.5. Steinberg very rarely, if ever, have any in-yearupgrade pricing changes or sales. Their grace period is usually from mid-October onwards

The only way to really get a bargain on Cubase nowadays is either by buying with a student educational discount which almost halves the price or on very rare occasions sites like Gear4Music will be selling old stock and you may get an older version with free upgrade to latest for quite cheap. I seem to remember a Cubase 6.5 to 8 being sold like this for about £75 a couple of years back for those lucky enough to get in on it!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. almightyshux

almightyshux Ultrasonic

what's the grace period mean?

9. almightyshux

almightyshux Ultrasonic

fellas, I'm about to upgrade my system
    going from mac pro 1,1 running cubase 5 since 2006! and a macbook pro circa 2008
    to 2017 macbook pro replacing both.
    Also going from CB5 to i guess 9.

I've never felt behind using Cubase 5 as I'm not big on plugins and a lot of the in the box features. I use mostly external gear.
    I guess I'm curious as to what I should be prepared for?
    any thoughts on all these changes?

10. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You`re going to love it.:wink:

11. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Enjoy Your trial lower zone!

12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@Cav Emp so are you gonna try the update? or you already got it ?

13. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

14. pjotr41

pjotr41 Newbie

can i test it when i use cubase 5 air`?

15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Summer sales or the EDU version.Get the EDU version if you want to save some money.

16. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Wont happen.Although some say its internally cracked (V.R).

17. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

There's been a lot of changes since Cubase 5 and although the workflow has been enhanced, it shouldn't be too hard to get up to speed with Cubase 9. Biggest change is no support for 32bit vsts, its all 64bit architecture now. But if you're not big on plugins, then that shouldn't be an issue. If you're working mostly with midi based gear, I assume you're already acquainted with the midi device manager. No changes there but its still one of the best reasons to own Cubase for integrating and managing your hardware based set up. If you have a need to edit recorded audio, the new sampler track is a really nice feature and you can get pretty creative with it. The lower zone most people are making fun of is actually one of the best new features and makes toggling between the core project windows seamlessly.

Overall, its just solid and definitely the best version of Cubase yet. Worth the upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

It's usually the 6 weeks before the new version is released, so if you have registered your Cubase in this period you get a free upgrade.

19. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I'd never say "won't" happen, just may not be likely. Tons of stuff released by great teams without us thinking it ever would like ProTools 12, Altiverb 7 XL, Slate Digital VMR etc. Never underestimate a team's ability. I think it will come down to their desire to share it or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. fuziohm

fuziohm Ultrasonic

Been using this for one day, opened a big project from cubase 7.5, or 5. Also has been using on a friend studio that hate it becuase of slow, using on a new mac pro 12 core, and the performance was bad. Anyways cubase is good in windows and after testing on my studio on windows for 1 day, i start to loving it, at the end of the day, the graphics was buggy, and slow workflow, the sampler is pretty good and the best thing for me is the piano roll like ableton, in the "lower zone" and the ability to write notes with two clicks. Today i opened the project, and after 30 minutes, i give up and opened on nunedo 5.5, witch for me is the best version, because is cubase 5 with elastique algorythms. And the workflow is much faster and i don't lost my ideas :rofl::rofl:.
    And i fucking hate windows Aero.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  21. almightyshux

almightyshux Ultrasonic

Thanks for the reply.
    A close friend just told me cracks don't work on new mac's or possibly with new cubase? he says Pro Tools has a whole new stystem that doesn't allow them? It seems like the only plugins I really go to are Waves for mixing. Any idea if any of those new suites found on the sister site will work for me?