Cubase 9 is here.

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Von_Steyr, Nov 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I felt the same way in the begining. I just keep pushing my self and I got used to it. I like Cubase 5 x86 also. I can say I really am happy I learned and moved to Reaper. THe good thing is with Reaper you can just keep using the demo until you think you are raedy to switch.

Kind of really nice of them to allow this beyond 30 days.

2. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Thread title should be changed tomorrow to "eve of Cubase 9 release"....

3. Mixdowner

Mixdowner Kapellmeister

you could try Cubase 8 Elements in trial version 30 days, it doesn't even need a crack to run forever, same trick for Wavelab 9 Elements.

4. Mixdowner

Mixdowner Kapellmeister

as above, try cubase elements 8 trial.

5. Mixdowner

Mixdowner Kapellmeister

to each his own.

if you're a good player you don't even need a sequiencer, just grab a decent digital multi-track, add some drums to keep the tempo, and record each track on the fly .. no quantize, no BS ... and after you can edit the audio as you like.

anyone playing keyboard in a live band will never need too much editing when using a sequencer.

i've never been of the idea that every little detail in a song should be overfiltered or overmixed or overedited, start from a GOOD sound and you'll never need too much edit, like a very good sounding piano, good strings, good bass, good drums, you'll probably just need to EQ and add some delay/reverb to let it sit well on the mix.

MIDI and melodies, as above ... keep it simple, minimal, but it must sound GOOD even with no FX at all !
    if you don't .. .of course you'll get crazy with a chain of 20 FXs and it will still sound like shit.

it seems so obvious, but it's not .. i'm an FX freak and it's never easy to keep the FX where they belong.

chords and arpeggiators are never used in my songs as i play chords by myself when i record MIDI, for arpeggios i play it for a while and the copy & paste in the mdii editing, sure i could use an arpeggiator but it forces me to play the way it wants.

in short, i try to use a sequiencer the way it should be, just as an assistant for composition, either that or you become a total slave to Steinberg.

i'm sure other daws have some interestng little things that i dont have in cubase but they dont justify the switch to another DAW, if i change DAW it must be worth the trouble, thats why newbies are all raving about ableton, it's probably their first and only DAW and once they're hooked with ableton there's no going back until they "discover" cubase.

6. Calmond

Calmond Ultrasonic

Yeah, I'm going to keep tinkering with it. Going to have to learn how to use it before I start mixing my EP.
    It does seem like a CPU efficient platform and it plays nice with a lot of the Acustica stuff I use - even more so than Cubase.

Good call. Thanks. I'm downloading it now.
    Not sure yet if the 48 audio track limit will be a problem for me or not...songs I work on tend to have lot of vocal layers.
    Is there just a nag screen after the 30 days is up?

7. krakenfart

krakenfart Ultrasonic

I'd like to be the first person to request a cracked version of version 9. I even don't mind waiting until next week (even the end of next week - at the latest of course) for it to arrive here on the boards. After all, how difficult can it be to be cracked?

8. Mixdowner

Mixdowner Kapellmeister

48 audio tracks are more than enough for instrumental music, if you need lots of layering that's another story.

just set the date to 2030, install cubase, reset the date to 2016.

9. Mixdowner

Mixdowner Kapellmeister

Air and Steinberg must have made a pact with the devil, maybe some big bucks $$ involved, who knows ... but now many years have passed and we have the mighty AudioUtopia !

AudioUtopia is ... love !

but seriously, if you're serious about music 499 bucks is not the end of the world, cubase is the only app deserving our money, and it's a lot cheaper than a fabfilter or izotope bundle, anyone asking 200 $ for an EQ with bells and whistles is a scammer.

10. krakenfart

krakenfart Ultrasonic

Sorry, my post was not meant to be taken seriously rather more tongue in cheek. We have all seen people being ridiculous in asking for 'everything' and wanting it yesterday. I'm lucky enough to own Cubase 8.5 and I will upgrade when 9 is available. You mentioned Air who were just fantastic back in the day and yes, AudioUtiopia have now picked up the gauntlet. I don't believe we will ever see Cubase 'xxx' cracked but I'm sure there are many who are hoping.

You're spot on about the price of some FX units. Do they think we were born yesterday or just made of money?

Anyway; I'd like to wish all cracking groups (previous, current and future) all the very best for Christmas and the New Year.

11. Mixdowner

Mixdowner Kapellmeister

if AudioUtopia cracks eLicencer they will go down in history as the most elite audio-warez team of all times, christmas is coming !

FX : yes it's getting crazy, i'm using the top plugins just because they're cracked but i could say fuck it and stick with free Voxengo or NI or whatever other VSTs and it wouldn't change much, it's just a matter of getting used to a different workflow, actually i could stick with cubase EQ and plugs if i want, or using Reaper's free JS-plugins which are totally customizable, or making my own plugs with SynthEdit or JUCE ...

if they think Pro users have no other chance than using their 200$ plugs they're in for a nasty surprise.
    FabFilter is a glorified FX suite with a modern QT GUI, take out the nice GUI and what's left ? DMG are technically better in many ways but nobody is talking about DMG, the new Pro-R is gorgeous but we already had good reverbs since 30 years, if i had to go old school i could buy an Alesis Midiverb 4 for maybe 100$ now and it still gets the job done.

you don't need an Altiverb in every song to make it pop, a Valhalla reverb is more than enough.
    there's never been such an ocean of free sounds and free FX like today, nobody should complain too much, one day i should try making a whole setup from scratch with a free DAW, free FX, free VST, free sample packs.

12. shomyca

shomyca Producer

There is a Cubase 7 Elements version that is unlocked, i was using it for a year before I bought C8. It's 64bit version also. Just look around.

13. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Yes I can, but I do not think it will help.

14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I obsess over dmg plugs, and I promote them all the time (in addition to owning them all)...But equilibrium if you don't have already some dmg plugs and a discount cost around 200$...Those are the best eqs outhere, every models you could dream of, and I think the price is justified.
    It's a simple reg file for registration, no online crap no dongle, no bomb, you can run them on as many platform as you want and Dave Gamble is a great guy...

15. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

There was someone in an AZ thread hinting at it. It was some eLicenser plug, and as always people were asking for cubase. Some guy stopped in and hinted that there was a big surprise coming for Christmas. I have no way of knowing if he was in the know or just talking out of his ass, but that's what I read :dunno:

I got no horse in the race, but it would be interesting to see it happen.

16. Calmond

Calmond Ultrasonic

Thanks! I remember seeing Cubase 7 but people were saying the crack was buggy. I imagine it was also still subject to the 48 audio track limitation though, no? I'll probably go with Cubase 8 and extend the trial via trickery. lol

17. metroidprime

metroidprime Newbie

What is this trickery you speak of? :winker:

18. monk_mingus

monk_mingus Member

It would be the same price to update from 7.5 to 8.5 today (and benefit from free 9 upgrade) than to update from 7.5 to 9 tomorrow?

19. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Rly? It's just unparalleled MIDI manglement, it's kinda unreal. Even just having stuff liek (picking one essential from a gamut) input trans/logic editor (they amount to the same thing) makes life much moar flexible. It's just kinda un-live-withoutable once u start fucking around w/ it. Being able (ahem) to divert ie pb -> expression at simplest, or essentially do what that Surfer EQ thing does (filter "note" values of sounds) except more precisely... It's been there for beards. First thing I look for in a new DAW, and none of them have anything like it =( Also, I just like the way the piano roll looks in Cubendo =)

20. Rockefeller31395

Rockefeller31395 Member

In this moment, Cubase Pro 8.5 (full version) is not available in Steinberg's shop. It says it will be available soon.