Cubase 9 Elements ram issues (V.R)

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by nikon, Dec 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Thanks for your time (vielen dank), you are talking about legal Cubase 9 right? Yes CPU/RAM is exactly like you described also on my machine when working fine until goes into hell :)
    I think main problem here is with V.R. elements edition (as Von_Steyr and me discussed last night).
    I did a little research last night, why for example I had no issues with C8 elements... heh, Cubase 8 Elements has licence in e-licencer and this version 9 uses somehow old licence from Cubase 8 Elements with V.R. and that is main issue I think. V.R. hacked exe and some other files to re-route licence readings, probably (I'm not 100% sure). Cubase is in constant communication with e-Licencer, and probably with some operations goes into RAM hell because of that.
    C8E is still fine, and I'm glad this is not the case with legal version.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  2. vibrate on

vibrate on Newbie

i tried to install the new VR element version 9.0.10 and no more probleme with the outputs activation of VSTi,
    did not yet tried with the ram issue tho, and glad that it isnt happening on legit PRO version as i am o a plan to buy it soon.

3. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Yes, no more, but you will soon discover other issues :)

4. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

i tried once just for fun this "hack" for Cubase elements 9 and it fucked up everything (its based on date change).
    I wouldnt recommend such things, if you seriously wanna produce music, buy the basic stuff or use Reaper.
    Else its a waste of time and fucks up creativity.
    The cheap hardware adds a legit Cubase AI version for under 100 Euro in Germany (UR12 or even better UR22Mk2 for 125 €).

5. metaller

metaller Audiosexual