Cubase 9.5 is here.

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Von_Steyr, Nov 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Been using 9.5 now since day 1, it crashed an hour after starting it, but I was fannying around with the new insert slots. My default arrangement only showed my usual 8 inserts, the rest seemed to be bunched up together at the bottom. So I loaded a plugin on the lowest slot I could and tried to force the frame to snap into shape..... Crash..... :-/

Ok I thought better try a new default arrangement, so reset preferences, empty project, rebuild the default, an hour later and I was up and running and it’s not crashed since. Infact it’s been amazingly stable for a new release.

Moto of the story, don’t try loading old arrangements..... backward compatibility a bit flaky still.

As for Akashaman's problem part of the new features are a completely new colour profiles, almost everything is now customisable. Not surprised your old themes don’t work. Get creative see if you can get that paisley look out of it. :)

2. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Sure thing!

3. Jazz-N-Stuff

Jazz-N-Stuff Platinum Record

4. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Yea, i thought that at first as well but then read people are reporting mixer history bug with new projects as well.

I did user prefs reset, let cubase rebuild it, that changed nothing. But IT IS very stable here, same as 9, didn't have any crash, even with the 9.0.3 project and before prefs reset. No major showstoppers, continued with my work normally.

5. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Not noticed the mixer history bug, to be honest still not used to it being there... I did however notice the Snap to Zoom not working in the editors but thats not exactly a show stopper for me either. I expect they will patch soon, but in general pretty happy with this release, I always find the .5 releases the better ones.. and I love the improved automation in this one.

BTW your avatar is cool...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017