Cubase 9.5.40 Crashes On Startup

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by The Mazeman, Oct 19, 2018.

1. The Mazeman

The Mazeman Kapellmeister

I recently installed the Cubase LE AI from sister site and carefully followed the instruction from VR.nfo file.
    Install went very smoothly. After all treatment I opened Cubase from the exe file and it scanned all my vst plugins and did other things. After that it prompted me to this window and I can't select anything or click OK. If I do, Cubase terminates and if I don't do anything Cubase terminates after 4 sec. Please Help !
    Here is a video link of what I just said.
    https://www90.zippyshare.com/v/ITcF4jso/file.html

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. mono

mono Audiosexual

Got the same error as well ,good to know it was not just me :rofl:
    am on Win 7 .

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  4. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

[​IMG]
    :winker:

5. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

Best Answer
    Here is the fix for the 9.5.40 Update. (NOTE, if you already have installed 9.5.40 without following these steps you MUST run a system restore. The reason is that if you try to apply the update once again, Cubase will inform ou that it is already installed. If you dont have a back up or dont have a restore point, PM me and I will send you a "virgin" Cubase LE AI Elements.9.5.exe file.)

1. Disable Anti trial

2. Run 9.5.40 Update

3. Go to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase EL AI Elements 9.5 and save Cubase LE AI Elements.9.5.exe (best way is to just use WinRar or 7Zip and archive it)

4. Apply the VR Extender

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase EL AI Elements 9.5 and replace the Cubase LE AI Elements.9.5.exe with the one that you previously saved

6. Start Anti-trial

7. Proceed to make some music

8. If you make some $ with it support the developer and buy the legit version.
    It is that simple.

New Installation of Cubase EL

1. Download & install body from https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/steinberg_trial_versions/cubase.html

2. Activate trial. Backup license file c:\ProgramData\Syncrosoft\SeLicenser.sel before apply "Start usage period"

3. Download & install update

4.Go to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase EL AI Elements 9.5 and save Cubase LE AI Elements.9.5.exe (best way is to just use WinRar or 7Zip and archive it)

5. Apply "eLicenser Antitrial". Because of developer bug use beta-6 only for eLicenser v6.11.2 or beta-5 for all other eLicenser v6.10.x & latest v6.11.3

6.. Go to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase EL AI Elements 9.5 and replace the Cubase LE AI Elements.9.5.exe with the one that you previously saved

7. Apply "Cubase Elements v9.5.30 eXTender" - choose first variant for fresh trial (or rebuilted license from backup) or second variant for expired trial

8. Proceed to make some music

9. If you make some $ with it support the developer and buy the legit version.
    It is that simple.

6. The Mazeman

The Mazeman Kapellmeister

A bit more elaboration required.

7. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

I edited the post. Step by step instructions. BTW, you are welcome:no: