Cubase 8 Rumors

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by bresilla, Oct 2, 2014.

1. bresilla

bresilla Newbie

I read somewhwere that the new cubase will support dockings. I read in KVR forum from a guy claiming close source to Stainberg Steinberg.

3. The Prophet

The Prophet Newbie

Dockings?

Stainberg?

4. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

This is too cunfosing and pryctic.

5. d32r

d32r Member

I'm guessing he is refering to dockable windows. In the same Way studio one is able to dock its editor and mixer or open full screen at the touch of a button.

6. MrRobRancor

MrRobRancor Ultrasonic

i heard cubase 8 will have all the bugs that 7.5 has and more!!

7. dannynyman

dannynyman Newbie

I want Session View (like in Ableton Live). Period.

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

use ableton :bleh:
    Cubase has a different producing approach.

9. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

they need to work on letting you use 32 and 64 bit plugins in the same project

10. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

The same guy gives me tips on winning horses every weekend, so far none have past the finish line better than 8th out of a 10 horse race.

I'm amazed how some people hear a rumor but don't ask the person from the original source in this case he says KVR.

It's a bit like asking ya mates down the pub if they know if your girlfriend is pregnant or not :bleh:

11. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Ive been using a mixture of both x86 and x64 since v7.0 thats roughly 14 months now.

12. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Exactly, they already have a native bridge for that since v7.0.

13. Vertigox

Vertigox Newbie

What bugs are you referring to? I work approx 10-16h a day with Cubase 7.5 and I don't seem to have any bugs whatsoever.

14. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

when we see the complexity of cubase, the million things one can do, and yet, i'm sure there are another million things they would like to implement, but simply don't do it to avoid having people whining about "there are too many options... too many windows.. bla bla", and when we see how it works almost flawlessly, it's almost a miracle.

15. shike

shike Noisemaker

Yes,imagine if they add all Vengeance goodies,man that would amazing,so many people would get it because of that plugins alone,if you are reading this,but I do not think they are,please make a deal with Vengeance,Cubase would become next best thing overnight just because of that few plugins,than throw tons of tutorials and hype all over the place,I think that would be next EDM DAW to have,be smart Steinberg,think modern.I mean,having great stock sampler and Phalanx none the less loaded with all those flavor of the month Vengeance samples,having good thing for kicks and Metrum none the less and having that awesome sidechain plugin stock,crazy,throw Nexus in there and rule the universe,rofl,I think they would destroy the market with just working with other developers that use same copy protection and sharing profits from sales,I need to stop right now lol

16. 2poor2

2poor2 Producer

right, man, you see what i meant...
    how much time, resources, money, employees , meetings, betas, QA , R&D, etc etc etc, to create a great vst instrument, or a great vst plugin ? lots lots lots.

steinberg is owned by yamaha. yamaha has enough money to buy a couple of goodies. after all, they were able to buy a big company like steinberg.

17. shike

shike Noisemaker

I know that many people already use the stuff I mentioned in my latest post,but that was to show possibility of integrating just one company and how that could possibly reflect on the market,let face it,Cubase is dead on popularity contest ladder for few years because there is not cracked version anymore,it is not about satisfying old users that much anymore,they already payed,but every hour there is new guy starting out and many older folks are actually still on C5 ready to pull the plug on legit version,make that easier giving them many of their stuff they like and want to use on same new stick and take their money,but that is just a theory,that would attract next EDM guy to actually go for Cubase instead of anything else,that are tools that are on big demand,samples too,could be win situation,even if the numbers are not that great and many people are using that stuff,many new people would actually use it from that version and up,but again,only a theory that does not work in practice,but at least getting that multiband sidechainer plugin,that would be good move,so unique thing on market.What I would like to see in Cubase acquiring some company wise,is actually FabFilter stuff,that would be amazing,if they can integrate or buy that company and redo all corresponding stocks in FabFilter style,that would be really great,that would solve question of new stock plugins,sure they are condemning their stuff,but their stock stuff is old and should be upgraded,what is better than getting whole company and killing two flies,FabFilter is amazing company worth the investment and than getting their team to work on Cubase and implementing their stuff into it and making future ones.But let not get too big,let start small,agree,new eq,agree again,would like ProQ2 or some DMG even,maybe Equick,that would be amazing stock plugin with analyzer,any of those two.

18. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

The cost of acquiring Fabfilter company and use their stuff as stock plugins is just as big as the whole total sales Cubase would make with its version 8. Do you know what "buying a whole company" means? A partnership would be worth, but that would increase the product price. They have to make calculations before they aquire any other company, trying to visualize if they can cover Fabfilter's cost with Cubase v8 sales but making profits at the same time. Imagine, you just get 5 million dollars out of your pocket to buy fabfilter, but does the upcoming sales of Cubase v8 would cover both Fabfilter's investment and also PROFIT? They think also about their profit, not just about making their customers happy with something which might cut off their profits.

Also, Cubase is not dead on "popularity contest ladder". It's unpopular for amateurs or non-legit users who don't make money with their music and use only cracked stuff or just simply can't afford it.(no offense though)
    Cubase is one of the most popular right now *in the industry* but is the most unpopular *in the cracked world*, due to its Ilok2 protection.

If you can't get it for free, that doesn't mean its unpopular. Professionals praise it to death. *yes*

Cheers.

19. shike

shike Noisemaker

Read again what I wrote,if they acquire any company they own that company,with all their future sales,products and employees,that is why I said two flies,they get FabFitler and they got new developers and plugins to pimp new Cubase,sure it is not brightest idea and we are just talking here,I already said that is just stupid theory,so please stop pretending we are on Steinberg meeting and you have to impress big guy with your level of commitment and serious approach to subject.last time i checked Cubase was not in first 3 places on popularity contest,so yeah,it is pretty much dead popularity wise for DAW that is around the block for so long and was actually most popular and used since few years and if any company wants future sales,they will than commit to selling that product to new customers and actual market,that is probably dominated by that guys.offense not taken,have legit Cubase,Windows and plugins too,being around the block enough,guess not on forums,maybe I do not know how to commit my free time to be so perfectly right,if I said something stupid please forgive me,I really do not want to take this topic so seriously,had good laugh,got inspired what was said,said some stuff not thinking about it so much,they do not work in practice and even in theory,I know that,I pointed that out,unnecessary discussion really from your side,but if you have need to be right and teach people on forums,than go on.cheers

20. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I got it now Shike,

But may i ask you who made "the popularity contest" ?
    If you get the sales sheets from each DAW company, you might be surprised about how well Cubase is selling. By popularity i mean about customers who actually pays for it & number of the purchased copies.
    Also when you acquire a company, yes, you get its future sales and other extra benefits which you get only after you acquired it. Every other profit which Fabfilter already made, they will keep it for themselves because is their right. When you sell your company, you give buyer only the company, its future income and future debts (if it has those too). What if Fabfilter sold the Q2 on the most of the possible customers worldwide already? That would be a deal breaker from start and it won't inspire any bigger company to acquire it anymore. The costs would be too much higher and it won't justify for just pimping up Cubase with it.

Don't worry, it's ok my friend. I'm sorry if i must've offended you or something.

Have a great day,

Cheers.

21. shike

shike Noisemaker

You did not,do not worry,it is just not topic to get serious about it or I said anything that should be taken seriously in to consideration.musicradar magazine popularity contest.it was my crazy stupid wish nonsense kind of thing that FabFilter thing and even Vengeance one that in the time of writing sounded like so bright idea,but not even making any sense now I know,idea is stupid,I know,what I want in Cubase,next guy does not want or third guy do not find interesting,McCookie brought some amazing points and I felt inspired to talk stupid after it,all good,just not take it seriously,really can not be serious about stupid things I am saying at all and Steinberg is not going to listen anyone or they care about anything,I do not expect anything actually from 8,that way it will deliver,I would put more hope on Studio One 3,Cubase will stay same old Cubase and he worked for me back than,today and tomorrow,so as you said,that thing is working for tons of people since ages,no point in taking any big steps or even target suddenly new customers,but who knows,my opinion can be barely be taken seriously,there is much to take in as you mentioned.cheers