Cubase 8.5 / Keyscape - memory Error

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by akashaman, Feb 18, 2017.

1. akashaman

akashaman Guest

hi all :

having some probs with keyscape on the piano patches , etc loading _ samples almost load then i get a memory error.
    says to decrease pre load memory size or clear unused parts ? i tried the former , how do i clear unused parts ?! [ clear multis ? }
    i also tried changing these settings to no avail. -- > [ no limit on sample memory , process limit ]
    what setting should this b on ?

i am running 16 G of ram , should be NP. i didnt have ANY probs with this setup , running keyscape via cubase 5 !! , i can only assume C8-9 uses a lot more resources ?!
    any help here is appreciated , its really annoying .... (

btw , most every other patch seems to work ok in OMNI , just the keyscape huge patches giving me grief :(

thanks !

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2017
  3. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Working here, i de-installed my extra ram to check and ran it at 16GB no problems had it going for 2 hours, then re installed my extra ram (64GB total) same thing runs nicely on both Cubase 8.5 and Cubase 9

4. akashaman

akashaman Guest

right _ should be No problem at all , ha
    wasnt an issue in Cubase 5 -- ran like a charm ! -- then i bought & i installed Cubase 8.5 , upgraded to 9 -- which seems real unstable to me , lots of crashes. !?
    using jbridge too , btw ...

i am gonna stick with 8.5 , just wanna resolve this keyscape memory issue , ha

thanks for checking on it man !

5. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Most likley the problems you have is on your side of the screen. To be able to help you without starting to write things that has no bearing i just like to know what you mean by running jbridge? You mean you run it on 32 bit plugins only, i hope? Is Cubase and spectrasonic Legit all of it or? Are you runing the fixed jbridge?

Just asking since there isnt any memory issue out there at this time as far as i know when it comes to KEY/OMNI/CUBASE..

Be safe

6. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

first the op would needs to post system properties , which os , running Cubase 32 or 64 Bit , which version of jbridge , before even someone could start to help out

7. akashaman

akashaman Guest

windows 7 , 64 bit
    16 RAM
    Cubase 64 bit , 8.5 & 9 , legit
    omnisphere , legit
    keyscape
    jbridge 1.74
    8.5 vst folder pointing to regular vst dll files , C9 is pointing to same tho Jbridged files. - C9 plays keyscape fine ,
    but on 8.5 i get a memory error , patch loads but is glitchy as it seems all samples not loaded.

its not a huge problem as i think i am gonna stay with 9 as it seems to be stabilizing for me .

thanks

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Why are u bridging Omnisphere 2? It comes in x64 / x86 varieties? Try turning Sample limit 2 3GB if ur bridging x86 plug to work in x64 (why?)

Keyscape / patches can use a load of RAM (up to ~12GB!) so beware anyway, and maybe think about setting up a limit even if ur using it "properly". Or buy moar ram?

9. akashaman

akashaman Guest

who said i was bridging omni 2 ?!

i figured it out , i had the 32/64 bit plugs in wrong folders , switched them out , all good !

thanks for the interrogation , er i mean help !

ha

10. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Sometimes i just wonder how people get any sound at all out of their DAWs. I can understand if some confugirations (hardware etc) give some problems from time to time but some people really making it hard for themselves..

11. akashaman

akashaman Guest

ya well , some people just wanna make music & don`t have a degree in computer physics --
    although i think i know more than the average joker.
    i have been doing this, since C3 ! ha -- for well over ten yrs in DAW & still run into shit like this all the time.

12. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

You'd be surprised what dumb shit even the best in their fields can do from time to time...

13. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Haha, i so know.. Do it myself from time to time.. This was more an observation since i today read so many post where the solution most of the times are to just read up on how to install or handle hwat they are working on. But i guess its this McDonalds generation of music and sound creation. A little spoiled so to speak that things just suppose to work without any learning things.

I mean it should be the same creating music as handling your software before start to shout out how bad plugins are or things donnt work so they must suck. Get up on stage dont having a clue on how to play will be a pretty hard wakeup call that some skills is required to be there. But yeah, its much easier to sit behind a screen, having all theese awesome toold at our hands thinking we are the best and then just expect all good things should come to us:dunno::rofl: