Cubase 8.0.20 Maintenance Update Released

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Guillermo Navarrete, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Guillermo Navarrete

Guillermo Navarrete Kapellmeister

Hello all,

Today we have released the updates to 8.0.20 for Cubase Pro/Artist and Elements. The update downloads and version histories are available through the corresponding download pagesĀ as always.

Cubase Pro 8.0.20

Best regards,
    GN

3. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

4. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Good news. I hope the stink bug has been exterminated.

5. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Thanks Guillermo! I work on an offline PC and would take forever to notice these updates if you didn't post here. :mates:

6. Kundalini

Kundalini Kapellmeister

This is great news however i downloaded this update and render in place work but render setting doesn't show up, I can't acces this command after update. Anyone with the same problem?

7. d32r

d32r Member

Works fine here dude.

8. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

That is wishful thinking and this is Cubase full of bugs. Really depressing that Cubase 8 will not work with out that Areo crap running.
    Areo is junk also. I do not need flashing menus and pretty menu bars to make music. I think Steinberg needs to re think this one.

9. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Im on a x58 chipset setup (few generations old but still totally capable) & at that time I also had a AMD graphic card, the amd graphic driver did not like my platform for whatever reasons & I would get the odd "Display Driver Crashed & Recovered", however Cubase would trigger these display driver crashes ALOT more frequently for whatever reason.

The point being is Cubase Pro 8 menu bar kept dissapearing after a display driver crash & recover, the aero visual effect setting "desktop composition" would never recover properly hence no Cubase Pro 8 menu bar which rendered the program absolutely useless. This left a salty taste in my mouth.
    Switching to nvidia graphic card fixed all display driver issues, but it did not restore my faith in Cubase Pro 8, I have reverted back to 7.5

Id be much much more interested in seeing / hearing about future Cubase development plans as a whole at this point in time rather then Cubase Pro 8 Updates. I don't hate Cubase Pro 8 features or anything, its just the ties with the Windows Aero is absolutely bullshit.

Guillermo N, tell steinberg to be more in touch with the community. The steinberg forums, well, kinda, you know, suck.....

I mean is this Aero crap going to continue into version 9 etc ? Because its a complete deal breaker for me until that gets fixed.

10. webshark

webshark Member

I use to think the same.. And would usually set the display settings to old school.. But upon lenghty testing in different DAWS using different plugs etc.. Aero makes my system run waaaaay smother.. In 2015 we deserve something pleasant to the eye.. And my system which is now a few years old makes easy work of it..

Systems very capable now...

11. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Systems might be capable, but that doesn't excuse the fact that something as important as the entire Cubase 8 Pro Menu Bar is coded/linked to the stupid Aero Visual Effect Setting "Desktop Composition". This is simply un-acceptable on a professional level & definitely needs to be investigated into.

One display driver glitch & poof the menu bar dissapear, they should rename it to Cubase Magician 8.

12. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

All kidding aside, I like Cubase Pro 8. Quite a bit, actually.