Cubase 7 - Need Help / Ideas with Send FX to Master Channel

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by mark@WFstudios, Jan 27, 2014.

1. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Hello everyone :)

Long story short - Im a newly converted cubase user & also have been slacking on getting in the studio recently.

Im looking for peoples opinions on whats the best way to effect the "whole track" for filter breakdowns & other various fx.

A couple ideas I can think of are:

1) Making a send fx on the master channel

2) Re-route everything through a bus channel (for insert fx) then route to the master channel

3) Record audio through a group track

Im just a little confused as whats the best way / most industry standard way of effecting a "whole track" for filter fx etc.. So im a little confused of how to approach / set it up , & not having a clear idea seems to make me a bit un-motivated, so im trying to change that.

If anyone could please share their opinions on the topic would be greatly appreciate it :)

Thankyou

3. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Thanks for the suggestion.

So insert my fx on the master channel and create automations lanes :)

Thankyou

4. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

So does cubase allow the master channel with automation lanes load in the playlist ? or do I have to "manually" record the desired effect ?

I don't quite understand (more or less) your bypass suggestion, I thought the fx would be controlled via master automation lanes with the line on 0% , and then draw in automation where i need it , and then back to 0% ?

I am really new to Cubase. I come from Fruity Loops which I feel was not the best program to learn things on. So im just getting my head around Cubase.

5. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

thankyou very much for your help, its truly appreciated.

One interesting feature I can see straight away is the automatic smoothing of the automation lines, is that a feature by default or a setting found elsewhere ? (it looks useful)

Anyhow I guess I just have to start mapping midi controller templates for my vsts , start creating presets & sample banks , & put this new master automation info to use.

thanks again youve pretty much answered all my questions :)

6. lyric8

lyric8 Producer

make a fx channel and put the filter plugin you want to use on it use it as a Send fx on the track you want to effect then push the R and W Read & Rite Buttons then Record wile its playing then it will record automation and then you can go in and fin tune it :wink:

7. S.LEE

S.LEE Newbie

I prefer to make a group bus for selected track and put a filter on it and do automation from the bus.

Why is this better technique?

Cause the real secret is to let some tracks without the filters bus group (impact fx,hits or down sweeps......)and with this technique you can really have pro sensation

Good luck :wink:

8. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

I'd just render the section i want to affect to audio on a new track, then do the effect like a normal track.
    I like to keep things simple and visible though :thumbsup: