Cubase 7, Bus Recording

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by Anonymous363, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Anonymous363

Anonymous363 Noisemaker

Hi guys,
    I saw that a lot of people have in the audio tracks the possibility to set "stereo out" and buses as input and record them.
    When i try to do this i only have "Stereo In" and "No Bus".
    I did a lot of research but i can't find anything.
    Hope you can help, thanks

Edit : Ok, i found out the problem, Bus recording is not possible in Elements

3. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

The routing should look like this:

Audio + Instrument tracks "Output" routed to the new "Group Track"

Audio Track used to record "Input" set to the "Group Track"

Now you have created a submix that is ready for recording.

I can't verify whether or not if this works on Cubase 7 Elements, but I just wanted to verify the signal routing incase you forgot something.

4. d32r

d32r Member

Create a group track, essentially that is a bus in Cubase. If thats what you mean?

5. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Yes that is what I mean & that is a "bus" yes.

But I have to keep it in Cubase Terminology otherwise people have no idea what im talking about if they are using the program, there is no option in cubase that says "create bus" or route to "bus 01" etc.

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Too bad Cubase Elements doesn't allow this, if that's the case. It's a pretty usefull feature, that opens the doors to alot of further processing.

In Cubase - The target (input) channel should have output set to "no bus/output". Only then will it show up as a target option in the group output.

Reason being that it's needed to be set to "no bus" is because otherwise you would get massive digital feedback, which isn't nice if you don't want it and/or isn't prepared for it (I hurt my ears a bit the first time I did it). Cubase don't allow feedback, but I have other DAWs/trackers that allows this, and it's pretty fricken awesome to create feedback-loops (with various effects thrown in). Cubase are so "german" when it comes to feedback-loops. ;)

7. Anonymous363

Anonymous363 Noisemaker

That's why i didn't find anything, i keep searching " recording bus in cubase" than i figure out that in cubase they're called group tracks and i found the solution..
    I'll continue to export mixdown as always..