Cubase 6.5 Artist midi problem

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by richsketchy, Jan 15, 2016.

1. richsketchy

richsketchy Noisemaker

I am still running Cubase 6.5 artist and I just bought Kickforge but I found it I cannot convert audio to midi in the Artist version. What is the next option do I have if I want to convert midi that would be free or not to expensive?

Thank you guys this channel rules and has made things for me in the studio easier. I know you guys will have a good option so thank you ahead of time.

Cheers

3. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

What do you mean by free - does warez count? If it does - celemony melodyne is the best software for converting audio to midi. As legit software, however, I believe it is not cheap at all.
    Edit: I may not understand your question...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  4. richsketchy

richsketchy Noisemaker

There is nothing else out there? I know about warez but I do not like talking about warez here. Any suggestions what software anyone thinks I can use that would be great. Thanks for the melodyne idea. What I am trying to do is convert kick drum and snare audio tracks to midi.

5. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

Kick drum - I don't know - just extract the midi and then map it to your needs - melodyne is for pitched sounds - it probably won't recognize the kick drum in any meaningful way. The best you can hope for is that it will recognize all the individual drums as same pitched sounds, and then you can manually map the midi notes. Full version of cubase has variaudio that does the same as melodyne, but melodyne is the most accurate software...