cubase 5 vsti freeze tracks cut off ..no tail

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by severn, May 25, 2014.

1. severn

severn Noisemaker

hi,

when i freeze a track in cubase it does not seem to record the reverb or delay that should continue with the loop and cuts of suddenly at the end. i have enabled the tail setting but it doesnt seem to record it.Same with exporting the loop as audio mix down.
    anyone experienced anything like this ? oe know how to sort it ?

thanks

3. d32r

d32r Member

Try bouncing of freezing x3 the lenght you need and cut both 1 and 3rd sections off. the middle section should seamlessly loop your fx. If this is what you mean....

4. GangamStyle

GangamStyle Ultrasonic

have you tried setting the right locator to past the end of the audio? turn off the looping and listen to where the tail ends then set the right locator to that instead?

5. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Agreed! Any time I freeze an audio or VI track in a DAW that supports freezing (or select all tracks for ITB mixdown), I always select two or three empty measures past the end of the last audio or MIDI to account for tails.

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Yeah, logic needs to be used here (i.e common sense) when exporting/mixdowning. Set your end locator later, so the reverb/delay doesn't get cut off.

When you freeze, Cubase ask you how long you want to set your tail length (in seconds).

7. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

as far as I know (it's a long time I used cubase), if you enable the 'tail' option, it only works when you do NOT supply a range. If it needs to automatically determine the range to bounce/mixdown it will look for a tail. The moment you start selecting a time range if will listen to that instead, and in effect turn the 'tail' option off. So you'll have to set your locator yourself to include the tail.

8. severn

severn Noisemaker

thanks everyone.

i set the L + R locators a bar eaither side . Seems to have done the trick

thx again