Cubase 5 to Cubase 9 ! ?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by akashaman, Feb 3, 2017.

1. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

You can using JBridge. Very easy.

2. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

this thread is making me happy I stopped at 8.5... I thought that upgrade price was outrageous anyway... and you don't get
    even a year to snag it at no cost... I bought it (8.5 ) .. .but I went right back to using Reaper... with many upgrades to come included...

Justin Frankel really knows how to make a product that respects his customer...
    ok I stop here.. not trying to turn this into a Reaper thread... really.. :bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Elso

Elso Noisemaker

Thank you Very Much Vaijj for your answer. So if I buy Cubase Pro 9 Update from Cubase 4/5/6 / 6.5 (€ 299) DOWNLOAD VERSION I have to buy separately the hardware USB elicenser?
    And then when I install the update, should I do it online? What is the procedure? I am afraid that when I am online I have problems with the other cracked stuff (Kontakt, plugs,etc.)
    Sorry for my ignorance

4. Sohill

Sohill Noisemaker

you can use your 32 bit plugins with Cubase Pro 9 using Jbridge convert them to 64 bit, I am using them with no problem at all, and the new Jbridge is very solid, no crashes or bugs! good luck

5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Yea all cracked plugins and kontakt work I think only izotope trash 2 was blacklisted, otherwise no problem at all.
    If you buy cubase in a store, as a bundle with DVDs you get a free e-licenser, some online stores sell only the serial + the download option, without the e-licenser.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

And further more.. no matter what version you stop at you can download the full installer from Steinberg and just run it. All will be registred on your e-licenser once you gone through the process of activate your licenses..

7. Elso

Elso Noisemaker

8. Riansky

Riansky Kapellmeister

You can't buy update version if you haven't previously owned a copy of Cubase 4 up to 8.5 or so. You got no other option then buy a full version. If you can, you might want to get EDU version which is slightly cheaper but you do need to show some kind of UNI ID or something tho.

9. Elso

Elso Noisemaker

Ok Riansky then you recommend completely uninstalling Cubase 5.1 or installing Cubase 9 Full on Cubase 5.1?

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I'd just like to add that you can buy an EDU version at some online stores without having to show any UNI IDs. Or maybe try e-bay. :wink: Search for it and you will see.

11. m4x

m4x Noisemaker

Hi folks. Nobody has a problem in the original version of Cubase problem to run crack plugins?

12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Are you people stoned or what...yea, nothing works, just put my cubase on ebay.

@Herr Durr told me it works... another 500 down the drain.

13. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Cubase works just fine with cracked plugins. Don't worry. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

I've been using Cubase 9 since it was released. Steinberg no longer supporting 32bit plugins in Cubase wasnt a big deal for me. I was already moving towards an all 64bit set up and there were only a handful of plugins that I was using which I just bridge over using JBridge. They work perfectly without any issues.

15. shomyca

shomyca Producer

+1 for EDU. Bought mine full for like 300eur on amazon.de, no questions asked.

16. vibrate on

vibrate on Newbie

i had he same exact experience than you, from cubase 5.1 to cubase element cracked 9.0.2, crazy amount of crash, then i bought an elicenser usb to be able to run the trial period of legit pro 9 9.0.3, all crash where gone mate!

17. Riansky

Riansky Kapellmeister

If your 5.1 is legit you can upgrade it, if not then I recommend uninstalling and installing Cubase 9 indeed, but someone might want to correct me on that tho.

18. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

I agree, I stopped at Cubase 8.5 my self. With out going really deep and preaching on Reaper.
    I can say I did enjoy Cubase 5.1 up till 8.5 but the latency was over bearing when recording live guitars.
    I Switched to Reaper and it went so much lower.

I am not trying to preach Reaper is better just stating a few facts that I have experienced. Also I got tired of Steinberg's nickel and diming me on upgrades.

19. whataboutit

whataboutit Newbie

Can 5.1 projects be opened without any hassle in 9?