Cubase 5 and elements 7 on same system

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by antd, Jul 1, 2014.

1. antd

antd Newbie

Hi all...

New to the forum so please be gentle lol..

I have air 5 working perfectly with VSTI Addictive drums 2

I have just loaded Elements 7 but cant get addictive drums to work on both versions of cubase.
    The crack for addictive drums sets the location of the drum library.
    in Cubase version 5 I just set the VSTI 2 folder to the library folder.

But, in version 7 It doesn't work...

Can the 2 versions of Cubase use the same vsti... (obviously not at the same time lol)

Am I doing something obviously worng?
    Or, do I have to install 2 totally separate versions of Addictive drums....

TIA

3. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Runs great on Elements 7(64 Bit) on mine. Have you tried right clicking Elements 7 when you open and run as administrator?

Yes they both use the same vsti,unless one is 32 and one 64.They use the VST Plugins folder in Program Files(x86)/VstPlugins(32 Bit) or Program Files/Vst Plugins(64 Bit)

I think you're having a 32bit/64 bit issue possibly. Did you install 32 or 64 bit AD2? 32 or 64 Cubase? Is your PC running a 64 bit os?

Cubase 5 most times is 32bit,but they did make a 64 bit one used it before.Elements 7 at least mine is 64 bit though.I think there was a 32 bit option but I installed x64

But the one everyone uses is 32 bit,same with Nuendo 4.At least versions I tried. If it's just a 32 bit/64 bit issue you could fix with Jbridge. What I've done
    on mine is made 2 extra vst folders for Jbridge. One titled VstPlugins(32 Bit Jbridge) in Program Files(x86)VstPlugins that's where your bridged 64 to 32 bit VST's from Program files/VstPlugins would get bridged to. And another titled Vst Plugins (64 Bit jbridge) in program files/VstPlugins and that's where your 32 to 64 bit bridged Vst's from Program files(x86)VstPlugins would go.

I did it that way so no matter whether I'm using a 32bit or 64 Bit Daw,the vast majority of my plugins will load either way

Hope that helps,I'll keep checkin on this periodically for a response

4. Sohill

Sohill Noisemaker

Cubase 7.5 did same thing on my system! But after Updating plugins (rescanning) it showed up and tuning like a charm!!!!!
    Try it

5. Sohill

Sohill Noisemaker

lol I mean working like a charm ;)