Cubase 5, 64bit Vsti problems.

Discussion in 'DAW' started by drashkum, Dec 11, 2019.

1. drashkum

drashkum Newbie

I am learning the hardway. I have been doing non commercial music with K'ed cubase 5 and host of vstis for past 8 years . i dont earn anything monetarily from music i do and it is a hobby/ passion for me and i do this as a stress buster for my youtube channel. . Recently went and bought a NI Maschine Mikro Mk3 Drum pad Controller which came with Maschine 2 software for doing beats. But unfortunately Maschine2 wouldn't load up in my cubase5 as it is a 64bit vsti. it was a shock to me that Cubase 5 doesnt support 64bit vsti. Is there a stable version of K'ed Cubase which would support a 64bit vsti? or the only way is to changing my DAW and go through the steep learning curve again ?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

use j bridge to bridge 64bit to 32, as far as i know cubase 5 was 32bit only

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Alexander Foxx

Alexander Foxx Member

The crack from cubase 10.5 pro works very well if you dont need delay compensation, or if you want another daw studio one its almost the same

5. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Before I bought a legit copy I used, I think some 8.5v, Elements with unlimited track number. Worked really well. If not on sister site, you should find it on russian site. Or do a research and try one of the recent releases of Elements (I think I saw some Artist too).

Not sure how would VSTs work without delay compensation in the latest release, I know I use that feature all the time.

6. drashkum

drashkum Newbie

Does that really work. I read somewhere that it works only on 32bit plugin to 64 bit plugin conversion

I downloaded one from sister website but it crashed on initiation eventhough i installed as per the nfo file. Can you point me to a stable release please.

I downloaded that too. It is just the elements extender. It needs trial version of elements downloaded from cubase site. Unfortunately cubase trial is not available anymore in steinberg anymore. Do u know where i can download the trial version of elements on which i can use the xtender?

Thankyou guys for the response. Much appreciated

7. TeamBeat2019

TeamBeat2019 Ultrasonic

Using 64 bit VST Plugins & Instruments in a 32 bit VST Host
    use your existing cubase 5
    look on the sister site for Jbridge :wink:

8. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Search for "Cubase Elements" on the russian site, there are quite a few Extended versions, I just checked.

9. DJK

DJK Rock Star

yes it works both ways

10. drashkum

drashkum Newbie

i Think you guys are awesome. Used the Jbridge app. Maschine 2 is now listed in my VSTis. Thanks a lot people. You made my day.
    Annotation 2019-12-11 190119.png