Cubase 12: The Expectations

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by adsasdasd, Jan 5, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

What I could expect for 12?

- A real effect dispatch, a super-easy, limitless and visual way to connect FX in serial/parallel/whatever...

- ...in Mid/Side AND mono AND stereo AND surround (yes, at the same time, working together in parallel)...

- ....with automation modules that can be attached (connected) to each of them! Yes, instead of having automation lanes / tracks, having editable automation modules that can be attached to an individual effect. This way you could have several tracks using the same effect with the same automation, or several instances of the same FX, but with different automations attached to them.

- ...Plus, each automation module should include one (or better, several!) LFO(s) + one or several envelope generators (ADSR or other styles)?
    - Plus ...A modular system, like VCV Rack but better, far better, with a BIG WAVE of modules available... for free!!! Yeeheeee!!! :hifive::hillbilly::headbang:

(...And, if I'd dare, the return of the 32bit bridge? :knock: ...But I love 32bit oldies!!! :trolls:...I know there's external bridges out there, but I think this is an elementary function of a DAW, it should be integrated, voilà!)

:scrapbox:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. adsasdasd

adsasdasd Ultrasonic

Hey sir, how are you writing such wise comments? :rofl:

3. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

i'm cautiously optimistic, but at the steinberg you never really know ... let's wait and see

4. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

now i understand , why you haven't had a number one hit so far:hillbilly:......not meant badly ... just kidding:wink:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  5. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

how about you? @Atlantis84

6. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

:bleh: It's genetic, I'm the descendant of a loooong generation of losers and pathologic dreamers... :bleh:

7. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

it depends like if they let us deactivate our activations after we make for a example 3 or 4 activations and if we can deactivate them then yeah i would love if they do that....and thats basically how softube and some other companies do it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Deceptive

Deceptive Audiosexual

that is not true ... :mates::cheers:

9. dl65875

dl65875 Kapellmeister

In the pro audio industry there really are only three DAWs that clients expect / demand and they are a deal breaker in top level studio's and mastering suites, Logic, Cubase and Pro Tools.

That is not to say that some studio's have other Daw's in case a client requires it but across the board these are the industry standards and have been since all three programs were released.

Personally I use Cubase for composing and Pro Tools for comping and mastering, and I've used Cubase since 1993 when it was Cubase Score.

There are two trains of thought, "horses for courses" (what suits your workflow / needs) and what major clients demand (what the pro industry wants).

I do not believe it is a case of "its always been used so why change", for me I prefer to stick with a handful of DAW's and learn them inside out, I mean REALLY learn every feature which is what I have done with Cubase. There really is not anything other Daw's can do that can not be done in Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools if you put the effort in to learn how to use an application - that goes for any software - but a lot of todays younger generation do not have the patience or attention span to do it.

It's like on demand TV, they want instant gratification - which is fine if you want to limit your knowledge and experience and I am not bashing anyone or any other Daw, I am mealy answering the Op's original question and providing a basis for my answer.

Moving back to Cubase, the list of Pro Users goes on and on but include many famous and successful Studios, Production Houses, Artists, Producers and Composers and they can not all be wrong.

As for wished for improvements, as with any software, improvements can always be made but I have no issues or complaints with Cubase pro 11 as it has proved to be rock solid on both my mobile rig (laptop) and the studios (windows based) Daw's. What has caused issues is badly coded / written plugins, badly cracked plugins, and 3rd party software.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

I hope they remove workflow redundancies & take a lesson from Apple on the ENTIRE GUI. I also hope Mediabay can read/write more metadata formats.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

I just hope they don't completely revamp the GUI or change a whole lot haha. I started out a Cakewalk user originally (DOS days baby!), and moved to Cubase VST Audio (I think that was 3.5??) around 1998 or so. Stuck with it until VST32 became Cubase SX and did not like the new look of it so I switched to Logic Audio Platinum and ended up staying there after Apple bought Emagic. Picked up 11 Pro as a cross grade around Black Friday and dove right back in to it, so now that Im getting comfy with it again, I hope I dont have to relearn everything a month later! I could care less about the dongle, I still had to buy one to start using 11, even though any time now it'll just be a useless hunk of plastic. Dongle seemed cool to me, its kept Cubase from getting cracked all these years but if Steinberg thinks they're safe without it so be it. My Mac is always online so having to check in doesn't really matter to me, just about everything else we use does it too.

So far coming from almost 20 years of strictly Logic Pro, the only thing I wish Cubase did was snap the damn transport to bars! Logic's forward and rewind snaps to bars (or can jump 8 at a time holding shift) where Cubase's acts like a literal tape transport rewind/fast forward so I still end up having to use the mouse to click where I want it to start for playback. Other than that, I was up and running in no time on day 1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. jon doe like pizza dough

jon doe like pizza dough Ultrasonic

im on version 10.5 , the 11 (Free ) version isn't sable enough don't know what to expect out of 12 but hope it bill be a bit more friendly with sample library creators i really want to add loop points to my clips like in reaper i really hope 12 will get (Free) and also stable Please r2r

13. Colin

Colin Producer

my only realistic expectation for Cubase 12 is that no-one can/will upload a fully working pro copy on the sister site! Some things never change.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. adsasdasd

adsasdasd Ultrasonic

Really insightful thoughts. I see almost all pro individuals or studios use Pro Tools alongside with Cubase, I have to ask you, what does Pro Tools do that Cubase can’t do for final mixing and releasing stage? Or to be more spesific, why you use Pro Tools over Cubase at some points? What is your workflow in Pro Tools?

15. adsasdasd

adsasdasd Ultrasonic

And also as we have more experienced individuals in the thread, I want to ask you about Nuendo. Do you think a composer needs Nuendo? Does extra stuff can be useful?

16. Taos

Taos Noisemaker

Been using Cubase since Cubase VST32.

No complaints on my side.

As far as a wish list, ......I guess the one thing that would be cool would be to have a gapless audio engine. So when you are auditioning effects, vsti, etc. there was absolutely no interruption to the audio. This isnt a huge deal to me right now but I do think it would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

Funny enough i was a pro 24 user
    [​IMG]
    (before that only HW sequencers) and did not want to switch to cubase as i did not like the horizontal display for tracks because it was not vertical like a mixing console...:(
    Only fools never change opinions right...:guru:

Eventually i did and never regret it. It suits my workflow. I tried Reaper, Studio one, Live and FL. Although interesting, i always returned to Cubase. I only know one pro friend who left Cubase for Logic but he switched his OS too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

It might not be for most and to my chagrin it still runs well only my Macs but DP should really be on that list as it provides all the features listed.

You literally just described Bitwig.

Pro Tools is just simple and fast when it comes to edits, cuts and integrates real well with AVID's DSP and controllers, media management, storage and push solutions. It's a good solution when you don't want to think about how to get there but need a reliable system that works and doesn't throw too many surprises at you.

No. If you don't need the post facilities, surround, Atmos/DTS, 2x video, game and nuage features in Nuendo you are going to get more bleeding edge features in Cubase. Cubase does take a stability hit as Nuendo prioritizes stability over features as it should for intended users.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. voidSeeker

voidSeeker Kapellmeister

In the key commands set the Numpad + and - keys to nudge forward and backwards one bar...

20. jon doe like pizza dough

jon doe like pizza dough Ultrasonic

yes i have used nuend 11 in the past at a studio the extra features are just wonderful especially the Dolby Atmos renderer the 3d audio capabilities of Dolby Atmos are just untouchable by other softwires i really hope at least nuendo 11 makes it to the sister site