Cubase 12 OSX - Disabling SIP side effects

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vincent Price, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Hello

Since Cubase 12 came out ion the sister site and we have to disable SIP, has anyone had any incidents as a result of it?

Thanks

3. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Kapellmeister

I never keep SIP on in my M1 and have never had a problem.
    But, I run Little Snitch and check every file before installation.
    I'm sure I'll be flamed but so be it.

4. boomoperators

boomoperators Kapellmeister

I never ran into issues with SIP disabled on some machines.

If you're looking for software which can "analyse" the behaviour of cracked files, I'd suggest:

- Knock Knock by Objective See which allows you to see the usual elements which start off during boot,etc and then from that you can judge if you want to keep those or not.
    - TaskExplorer by Objective See if you want to have a quick check with the Virus Total scan integration; sometimes It could do the trick.
    - Dylib Hijack Scanner by Objective See to see which files have been patched or tampered with. Usually, cracks will modify dylib files,etc
    - SilentKnight by The Eclectic Light Company to have a check for security updates, general updates or errors, malware scans
    - ArchiChect by The Eclectic Light Company to check if a file needs to be de-quarantined or codesigned plus its compatibility for the current installed OS.

I never got really technical with those tools, I just run a system check on a sunday morning so they're ready to go onto the next day. In my opinion, it really gives a stronger "grip" on how to manage my machines.