Cubase 12: how to set mix console settings as global default?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by reverbmuddiesmix, May 25, 2022.

1. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

i changed some settings in the mix console (eg. disabling visibility of MIDI chans, showing the transport bar) of my current project. i want these very settings to be global, hence a kind of default mix console setting, so when i ll open different projects these settings will be there without me having to do em all over nor load a mix console settings preset (i couldnt even find where to save individual mix console settings btw but it wouldnt help since i want one global default setting, not individual/several settings/presets). i couldnt find where to save the current mix console settings as global default. pls tell me how to do this.

and while we are at it i also couldnt figure out how to disable that when u click on a chan in the mix console it will jump to this chan in the sequencer window. i dont want that so when i click on a certain chan in the sequencer window and then open the mix console it shall jump to this chan but not the other way round. is that possible? and if yes where do i set it?

thx

3. Sirocco

Sirocco Member

You can make a template, with all your setting, also the mixer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Edit/Preferences/Editing/Project & MixConsole/Sync Selection in Project and Mix Console.

5. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

thx. pls tell me how to do that (screenshots would be best if possible pls since sometimes the buttons are hard to describe). pls note that i only ment the mix console's layout though. it shall obviously not load the chans/plugins of this project as global default in all other projects ;)

6. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

File/Save As template.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Amore_de_la_Vida

Amore_de_la_Vida Platinum Record

Problems solved by @techdevil in exactly 0.00001 second... (I perhaps missed one ns or two...)

Gosh, It would be sooo good to have the same efficiency for everything in our human lives !...

- GF / BF problem? Solved in exactly 1 ns.
    - Work problem? in a blink of an eye!
    - Money problem? Solved in exactly the time you take to say: "NO!"
    - Mix problem? Already solved by @techdevil! :beg:
    Sing with me guys! :metal::scrapbox: :drunks: "....It would be Heaaaveeeeennnn!..." :dj: :speaker: :break:

Last edited: May 26, 2022