cubase 12 .20 crashing on loading groove agent

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by insomnia, Jun 12, 2022.

1. insomnia

insomnia Member

I have a problem when i try to launch groove agent or sampler track it crashs and says error
    createWicBitmapRenderTarget result = -2003238901

i dont understand what is going on tried uninstal cubase 12 r2r and groove agent with revo but still the same after reinstall
    any help be great thanks

3. notrace

notrace Producer

If you want to install Groove Agent not the SE version then you should get the new release of Groove Agent via R2R v5.1.10 since their prior release was just for the SE version. Also get the Groove Agent 5 content from R2R. Prior to installing those you should also install the update from R2R for their Silk Emulator v1.1.0. It works fine here although I'm running on Nuendo 12.30 but that shouldn't make any difference in the requirements.

4. insomnia

insomnia Member

I am using all the latest updates and silk etc the stand alone work fine this is a cubase problem i think . I had the legit cubase 12.30 installed but decided to remove it and any thing related using revo then reinstalled all latest stuff but i now get this strange crash on trying to open the plugin or sampler track .

5. notrace

notrace Producer

It's doubtful, since I haven't seen any other complaints of this issue, but it's always a possibility. When I experience these kinds of issues it is always a good practice to go back to square one and start fresh.

6. insomnia

insomnia Member

i have apart from doing a full wondows reinstall ! which as u can guess i dont wont too . just glad i didnt do this on my main set up .

7. Jedi_Knight

Jedi_Knight Kapellmeister

Revo is a good uninstaller but you still should use CCleaner or another register manager afterwards. Just sayin

Remove all Steinberg everything using your Revo. Then do another registry clean. Run multiple times until all is found. Lastly, run Regedit and do a manual search for any strings mentioning Steinberg that the previous two may have forgotten. Reboot, regclean again to check again. If all looks right, reinstall. Good luck

8. insomnia

insomnia Member

found the problem graphics card on laptop has 2 options change it to another intergrated all is well ! very strange thats d
    el for you lol

9. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

This may not be much help but I have cubase 12 and latest groove agent installed. Recently installed from sister. I just check it and works well.
    Glad you figured it out. Only help I could have given is to verify it's working here. Cool beans!