Cubase 11 is coming...

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by homer_simpson, Nov 6, 2020.

1. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I do think it's a problem with your computer.
    10.5 in conjunction with my firefac UFX+ is stable. No crashes at all. And the RME drivers regardless of the interface are also really solid.
    If you are on a PC it's most likely the OS that has degraded over time with installing/deinstalling and Windows updates.
    As we all know and love it. :rofl:
    But when you're happy with StudioOne 5 great. Quite sure you get some money selling your Cubase 10.5 lic.

2. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

That's true and because of this fact I won't upgrade until .5 or at least some .0.Xs.

Don't like paying for being a beta-tester. :thumbsup:

And as you said. 10.5 is stable why should one even take the risk atm, while the new features (that's very subjective oc) are not thaaaat dramatic.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  3. Hooman.Leys

Hooman.Leys Platinum Record

Come on!!!
    €100 just for an upgrade? :woot:
    For what?
    Shitty dynamic eq? (you can find it anywhere)
    Scale Assistant???!!! (this is so kiddy and funny REALLY)
    LFO?
    Pitch bend curves?
    and some other kiddy things,

These does really worth €100?
    Come on, just comee oooon!!!!!!! :wtf:

I bought the upgrade for cubase 10 to 10.5 in the last sale and i didn't used that code because it wasn't worth it, and i'll not use it on this upgrade too because it doesn't worth it too IMO!

I remember that upgrade with new good and usable features was €50. and then it went to €60 and now €100 for bullshitgrade!
    To me this is insulting to me and my intelligence and i'll stop using cubase,
    I'm really upset and i'll leave the same post on steinberg forum for sure,

4. Maani.58

Maani.58 Member

Yes it has

5. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

I love grace period <3 :disco:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Le Steak

Le Steak Ultrasonic

Wow, no luck for me as I upgraded to 10.5 on june 24th. Hopr there will be some kind of discount. Also hope they have improved their VSTi handling in some cases, because some projects can really get slooow and unstable although CPU usage is less than 50%.

7. mudworm43

mudworm43 Guest

€100 is really not ok, especially just for an upgrade from the previous version.

If I'd known that it would at least be less buggy than the 10.5, I'd go for it but let's be honest, that is not happening.

I find it unusable most of the time and extremely unreliable, I never know when it'll crash.

This, as a matter of principle and respect for their users is too high of a price for just an upgrade.

8. Bandit

Bandit Producer

I never understand people that talk about stability issues. Compared with back in the day, I rarely have issues. I regular run projects with over 100 tracks... I thought 100 euro was also kinda much for this upgrade... but once you are locked in...?

9. mudworm43

mudworm43 Guest

I'm on Windows 10, i9-9900K, 32gb DDR4 3200 RAM, m.2 500gb Samsung 960 EVO Plus as my system drive, RME UFX II interface etc.

Sometimes Cubase will crash when just opening Kontakt, without loading anything, just opening it.

It often crashes completely out of the blue so I have PTSD from trying to remember if I hit the CTRL+S before the crash.

To put it mildly, I'm really tired of the stress working with the 10.5. To be fair, the 10 version wasn't much better. The last somewhat stable version was 9.5 but I use some of the new features in the 10.5 so backtracking to the 9.5 would be an annoyance, but it shouldn't even be a compromise that I have to weigh on.

I know that I'm not alone on this, as Steinberg forums are FILLED with complaints with every new update.

The first and foremost issue to be improved is stability and Steinberg seems to not find this as important of an issue, instead they update merely useful features and advertise them as a breakthrough.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2020
  10. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

It seems to depend. On whatever.
    Our systems are quite identical (10.5, UFX, DDR4, Intel) and I don't barely remind any crashes of Cubase 10.5 itself. I'm just satisfied.
    atm.
    Kontakt sometimes (rarely) crashes.
    If Cubase crashes when you fire up Kontakt it is Kontakt that crashes not Cubase but it takes Cubase with it because they share memory, cpu, graphics etc.).

I set up my PC from scratch in July 20 with RME drivers, Cubase, Kontakt, and only some plugins. Nothing else.
    It just runs. I made a backup of this stable configuration and will be able to fall back if the system begins to degrade.
    The degradation of Windows is a fact. The day you set it up it begins to get worse with every installation and update you do. So for a stable system it's a good idea to install/deinstall not too much. BTW I don't use an antivirus package nor Windows defender and no internet connection on this machine.

Yes, this should always be priority #1. The problem is, that Cubase is a rather old platform and I suspect they reuse old code they barly know themselves how it functions. Programmers left the company years ago and they new ones don't care to revise old (badly documented) code when it seems to function.
    But of course every piece of code of some complexity is faulty.
    Whe you see Cubase crashing regularly from misbehaving DLLs they possibly didn't catch exceptions properly or at least not as good as other companies do.
    So, yes, it would be good for Steinberg and their userbase if they decide to build Cubase new from the ground up or at least revise the code thouroughly.
    This way, $100 won't be too much for an update.

11. mudworm43

mudworm43 Guest

Honestly, I don't know what it might be anymore. I've tried a lot of things to improve the perfomance and it didn't do much.
    I'm offline too with Windows Defender turned off.
    Anyway, thanks for replying.
    Agreed 100%.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2020
  12. Bandit

Bandit Producer

They rebuild Cubase from the ground up, I believe around Cubase 8? That's around the time many of the problems dissappeared for me. Of course I have the occasional crash, but with the time and amount of channels... I think back in the day I would have been bored by BSOD. But I also got rid of lot of almost never used VSTs... maybe that helps as well.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List