Cubase 11 - Best DAW for now?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by glassybrick, Nov 14, 2020.

1. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

I tried s1 and did like it but in the end i like cubase more.
    I am glad you found something that fits your needs, this is all that matters. :mates:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. Joe Crisp

Joe Crisp Platinum Record

I have a perfectly good working 10.5, is this version even worth maybe screwing up my system??

3. Delay

Delay Guest

So far so good. You can download an try before official trial, I guess 18h+ not sure they change sometimes duration

see https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=307&t=202765

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2020
  4. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

Attached Files:

5. Bandit

Bandit Producer

I am running cubase 11 since the day it came out. So far so good. Stable, it feels faster and some great new tools were added. But I am biased towards Cubase, tried many others, but Cubase is made for my kind of brain.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

^^^ like Frontliner

? :beg: legend

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  7. LFO

LFO Kapellmeister

8. The Freq

The Freq Guest

Here's some logic nobody wants. If any DAW was the best, every studio and every person would be using it and nothing else.

I like Cubase a lot but I also like Logic, ProTools, Ableton, Fruity Loops, S1 and Reaper.
    I have one that is my preference but they're all good and for different reasons. If you're using Windows 10 1909 or higher, the 1909 FLS slots seem to work best with Cubase and Ableton. I do not know why they just have no issues with masses of repeated plugins if you aren't bussing them. ProTools and Logic run better on a MAC. But in saying that they're all good and as I said, for different reasons.

9. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

I used cubase for a long time, then I used SO1. And then I discovered Reaper and its free updates; its lightness, its portability (one USB key and I can work wherever I want), its incredible routing. I discovered the actions, macros, shortcuts, themes, the community, all the things developed by the users. The sub-projects, the recording editable in real time for a podcast. The backup on two different disks. And I've never known a Daw so stable, light and affordable for 55 euros. For two major versions.
    So, yes, the midi is different and less advanced than on cubase, but I used it as inspiration to create my tools and shortcuts. I tried to find the best in other DAWs, but sometimes I couldn't find it. I work in very low buffer with an I9 9900 k oc to 5ghz for recording with a sound card in TB3 or in firewire with a Mackie onyx 1640I with bands. and I use zero latency fxin in recording.
    Frankly, I'm disappointed for cubase users who hesitate to upgrade to v11. It's the same for me every year with Reason. Always spending money without finding any real pleasure afterwards when you could go and drink a good beer with your friends instead of worrying about such things. I know this feeling of wanting more and more because you think you're going to do better and make better music. We're all trapped in that system. Imagine if our softwares hadn't been updated for 3 years. Would it change a lot of things? I don't know how much it would. I'm waiting for your answers.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

All I can add to this discussion is that I have been using Cubase for most of my production life ever starting when it was known as Cubase VST, then onto Cubase SX V1 - 3, then Cubase 4 and right up to Cubase 11 Pro. I rarely have an issue with it and when I do its because I have gone mad with plugins and loaded too many on every track. No DAW could stand up to that.

The arguement of which DAW is best is long, complicated and to be honest pointless as being "the best" means diferent things to different people. How a DAW performs is affected by a multitude of factors, too many to list here so the Ops problems could be caused by any number of things.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

sampler track updating alone (warping, slicing, modulating etc.) worth the upgrade

finally don't have to use third-party plugins for these tasks (or Halion star destroyer), finally C also has some Simpler, SliceX like solution missed something like this very much previously

ps. oh and Backbone (not C11 related can be used in any DAW) sampler track can import to it

lovely, in nutshell it can separate the tonal and noise component in drum samples (to diff. layers) so the tonal one can be tuned without modifying the noise one (or they can be exported independently) + effects + resynthesis + etc.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  12. kokorico

kokorico Platinum Record

Have great music products with your C11. I just witch yout he best !:wink:

13. Joe Crisp

Wonder if anyone is working on cracking this one yet?

14. Joe Crisp

15. audiozuser76

audiozuser76 Producer

Same buggy shit like actually Cubase/Nuendo...

16. glassybrick

glassybrick Producer

working in c11 almost every day, since release. no problems at all. How you can compare S1 to Cubase? S1 doesn't have proper PDC.
    As far as i know, only 2 Daw have PDC its: Cubase & Reaper

17. Bonetti

Bonetti Member

I´m on Cubase since the year 2000. Now it´s Cubase 11 Pro and I still love it. For me the quality has been increased with every version. It is more stable than ever and the workflow suits perfectly to me. I also use Ableton or Reason by time and they are both great as well regarding soundsources or creative work. But when it comes to arrangement and mixing Cubase is on top of it. I think it´s about the overview of the DAWs. I´ve never had Logic or Pro Tools but I guess they are similar to Cubase. I think the stock plugins of at least Logic are better than in Cubase but there are loads of third party plugs which I love to work with. Finally it comes to the point what we are used to and I´ve been working on Cubase for 21 years now. I know it quite well and it´s so fast to work with after such a long time. I won´t ever switch to another DAW in final stage of production. There is a lot more to say about the DAWs´ differences but for me that´s the core of it.

18. mylonojr

mylonojr Ultrasonic

Moved from Cubase to Studio One a couple of years ago and I've never looked back since. Of course, this is just an opinion and as such, subjective.

19. joem

joem Producer

fl baby:wink:

20. machupichu

machupichu Ultrasonic

what does "Best" mean?
    its like you sayin this T-shirt is the best, im like "um, okkkkk"