CUBASE 10

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by segglyuk, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Yeah guys, my bad.
    I was being sarcastic without en emoji ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. macaca

macaca Newbie

I'm not as excited about this update as I was about 9.0/9.5
    There are definitely improvements (The snapshot feature is great)
    but it still is lacking some very basic things that a lot of other programs have.

3. Old X

Old X Guest

Like what, care to expand on those things, I really can't put my finger on anything basic Cubase miss?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. odod

odod Rock Star

anyone have any discount code ???

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

On this I agree. Besides the obvious ARA support that the very Presonus developed with Celemony.
    OT: It's a shame it's a totally closed technology. Only for the rich and resourceful.

6. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Bad timing ... Now Ill have to sell my body to upgrade...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

God I love these my DAW is bigger than yours comments :bleh:. Just learn basics and how to use them, in real life you may have no choice to pick up a DAW. You may have to go with the clients option and get job done

8. [​IMG]

Yeah man.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  9. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

What were you thinking about,please?

I make only electronic music and I often use S1 because I love its workflow but for me it would so interesting to have envelopes/lfos/step sequencers to modulate midi parameters like Reaper or Live.

Does Cubase have that?(I don't think but I haven't used Cubase since v5)

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Damn, I don't have enough selling my body... :deep_facepalm:
    Oh, I know! I'll ask my beautiful neighbor if she wants to "contribute" :invision:
    Wait, her boyfriend is a cop... :crazy:
    REAPER rulez!!! :hahaha:

For a split second I thought it was the Star Trek Enterprise :rofl:

11. akashaman

akashaman Guest

in 9.5 they changed something and i couldnt run the color theme scripts : [ so i am still on 9 ]
    has this changed , and can u now add the color scripts ?

12. TW

TW Guest

Not quite sure what you mean, but if I understand you correct ...

Yes/Yes/kind off

If you want to automate midi cc parameters ...?

Step Sequencer? For what? cubase has a drum editor which is basically a step sequencer. But if you mean you want an "oldschool" like step sequencer look and feel there is beat designer in cubase.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2018
  13. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Unfortunately most daws like Cubase or S1 don't have those advance modulations systems, even when they do (FLS and Reaper) they rarely are as developped as in Live.
    There is alternative though. I've relied on Bidule to have a multi daw modulation tool that I can rely on on every daws that do't have such system (basically beside Live, all the daws I use, even Reaper). Bidule has everything I need, or I can create what I need inside Bidule when it's not already there. I save my patches, multi synths/fxs setups inside it (it can also be used stand alone), then they can be used inside any daw. Included S1. Bidule can not only modualte any midi or audio signals in any way you want, but you can also create your own synths or crazy audio modulator inside it too. It's max meets reactor meets bluecat patchwork. Or something.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. turbo

turbo Ultrasonic

I'm reading they're S1 copycat :rofl:

15. macaca

macaca Newbie

A simple drum editor like fl studio or studio 4 for getting out ideas quickly. I can't stand the archaic drum editor on Cubase. I realize you can use beat designer, but it takes like 5 steps just to get going, and hasn't been updated in years.
    (Why not have it built into groove agent???)

For instance, every time you add a "step" the volume changes colour based on where you dropped that note. Higher makes it louder and lower makes it more quiet. Wouldn't it be a time saver to have a value of 100 or whatever you decide to just drop notes and not have to worry about scrolling up to make sure they're all the same volume?

That's just 1 improvement I can think of with their step sequencing. I literally could make 10.
    And that's my problem. In 2018, why are we still worried about having a good step sequencer in a pro daw?

Amazing program for really complex things, but very simple stuff seems to be overlooked or ignored.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  16. turbo

turbo Ultrasonic

Cubase supports AU or not yet?

17. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Yeah, AutoLFO and Arpache/SX are pretty comprehensive, use the LFO thing a lot.

Ur doing it wrong :D If ya wanna program drums, you can use 5 diff key modifiers to input different velocities, also change default to 100 (or w/e) if ya wanna (toolbar). Check insert velocity 1-5 in keyswitch. Step input just reads velocity from keys (MIDI), can be overide'd. I guess ima prefer to just use drumstick, dunno if it's faster tho?..

[​IMG]

I find the drum / key editor (and I've used em all) one of the best things about Cubendo!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Downloaded 10 and spent an afternoon checking it.......3 crashes, unable to get the new auto align to work in 1 case out of 3, realised on a restart that all editing I'd done in the new variaudio had dissappeared so I had a look here.

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=286

Now uninstalled, I'll stick with 9.5 and leave 10 for now as £85 seems a lot for a headache..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. [​IMG]

You shouldn't try Studio One! You should stick with Cubase!

20. Old X

Old X Guest

First of all it's not basic feature and second, it got it, so your previous notion isn't correct, there's always room for improvement everywhere, but it doesn't miss anything basic, like now when MuLab is missing audio time stretching and stuff like that.