CTRL+SHIFT+8 and some others not working

Discussion in 'PC' started by DanielAr, Aug 7, 2019.

1. DanielAr

DanielAr Newbie

I'm trying to find the cause of this problem: CTRL+SHIFT+8 no longer works.
    This is the standard key combination in MS Word and another text editor I'm using for the command "view hidden characters" (such as spaces &c).
    I can always assign a different key combination to that function; that's not the problem.

I'm just annoyed that it won't longer work. It's obviously not an MS Word problem, since the same thing occurs in the other word processor I'm using. (And vice versa it's not a problem with that word processor.) Free ringtones download

When I try to assign key combinations in that other word processor, I notice that there are other CTRL+SHIFT+numeral combinations that it currently doesn't respond to:
    CTR++SHIFT no longer works with 1, 3, 8 and 0.
    With 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9, it's okay. (I.e. I can a assign a function to it in my word processor, and it will work.)

That's weird. Does anybody know of something in a Windows 10 update that may have caused this?

Other software highjacking a key combination might be a cause too, of course. But I haven't installed anything recently that I'm aware of.
    It's not a hardware problem (I've tried another keyboard, same problem).
    Samsung Note10 sms: https://ringtonesfree.info/samsung-note10-sms.html
    It's not a huge problem but it's so random and it worries me that I can't find the cause.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020