"Crowdsounding"

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by daniellondon, Aug 3, 2018.

?

Interested?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Watchu been smokin' bruuh?

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. daniellondon

daniellondon Member

Producing sounds withing a crowd = crowdsounding . . . well i never!

Case in point, I was thinking that since there are people on this forum from all walks of the music industry; from professionals (Steve Fapoki? - or something like that) to amateur procrastinating noobs (me - yay!) - i think the most obvious point of progression would be to launch a sort of shared project system.

So for example, first of all we could have a shared google drive / dropbox (I assume we could entrust somebody to take care of the vetting process for potential members). We could then separate the drive into folders like like "genres", "beat ideas", "guitar riffs" - which would all be furnished by the members etc etc; and people can just download these files and work on ideas by themselves and then contribute those ideas into a shared song file (pro tools, logic, studio one, cubase - maybe different daws); and that way everybody on here could work on projects together.

Afterwards we could pass the baton to the mixing folk who could mix the project on a shared basis as well - making the most of their collective experience. And afterwards, if the tracks have any potential; we could triage them into either being uploaded to a music library for television licensing etc or if anybody here has contacts with record labels; it could be passed onto A&R to see if any artists are interested in. Or just produced for fun.

Either way I think there's a lot of potential for some good collaborative work on this forum.

NB: yes the issue of royalties would have to be ironed out, maybe have a few senior members overseeing the projects to make sure they are not trashed or reviewing submitted material from members of the group; but I'm just we could find some sort of conclusion a la groupthink.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  3. daniellondon

daniellondon Member

Didn't realize we had a collaboration forum group - maybe mod's can move this.

4. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

Some ideas bloom, others not so much. "Bandcamp" was once just an abstraction, right? You've got a fairly sorted out "biz model/platform" right here. I could bet, there is a lot of "APNs" ("amateur procrastinating noobs") out there, which would like to chip in. Straight or pure.. or precise; unprofitable in any (hasty AD(H)D thought process) way.. "jff" doing anything is kinda, a thing of the past.

One sample "song" "workshops", on IDMf? Any old (tempus fugit) fart here, remembers?

5. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Sounds.. intriguing? Need to sort out naming convention for files first, cos this could be a headache otherwise. ie:
    Something liek: [STEM / MIDI] {KEY / MODE} (BPM) instrument [TIME SIG] {WET / DRY} (time) type / various metadata etcs? eg:

[STEM] {C Aeolian} (120BPM) electric guitar - evo strawberry [4/4] {WET - TH3 / altiverb} (0:32) crunchy mess chord progression only, see project file cub.ase for Cubase see preset files abc.123 for Altiverb, xyz.123 for Kontakt lmn.123 for TH3. Revision #3.1

I guess it would be technically possible to just use stems (audio) all the time, but tis a pita.