Crossing over, midnight to 4:30 am.

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by JMOUTTON, Apr 16, 2023.

1. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Well last night it was like a time machine to 20 years ago. Forcing disparate parts together. After the hangover and the headache faded, here is the draft. Be as critical as you want, like it or not, I'll never get those 4 hours back but at least I did have some gumi bears and lots of beer.

@Coochie Bean Paste : get your bat and go to town.

flac
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqqPYYPhCRV_gxVU-LzUSc-0WSvs?e=xvs9tT

mp3
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqqPYYPhCRV_gxTiOCA_Hmtv3nsf?e=uP9Aqz

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. %

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

When it comes to the things we eat, we are all different. I know a guy who puts pickles in his peanut butter sandwiches, I wouldn't do it but he seems to love it.

I hear you, it's not my thing either.

IDK about the video, DailyMotion has been getting a little dodgy as of late seems to work from here.

Thanks for the heads up m8.

5. Coochie Bean Paste

Coochie Bean Paste Producer

wow thanks JMOUTON! in a few minutes I'll give it a listen. :like:

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

you got a lot done in 4 hours. When the Gummi Bears are Sour Diesel flavor, less happens. The first kick that hits might be a little big and boomy. whatever. the guitar/sitar sounding break parts are not my thing. Mumbai, in Kentucky. anyway, pretty cool. sound is good.

7. Best Answer
    %

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

8. Ichos

Ichos Producer

I am relatively new to the scene and not a native English speaker so I had a little bit difficulty in understanding the premise of the post..
    Still I think the track reminds me of video games music
    Nice track... BTW :phunk::boombox:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  9. Coochie Bean Paste

fun track! If I had a fast car I would like to race around to this soundtrack. What's to complain about except that the singer was a bit off key in the second chorus, wait there was no singer!!. you might try changing the velocity for a sloth like speed, you know throw off the listener for a few seconds. so many different songs it is also a great way to show what you can do. seems neutral emotionally. good job. listening while looking at the hair figure in the saucer is nice it would be the protagonist.

then the video goes to your next track which is very different and nice. wow horns! lodi sort of seems to get lost after the horns come in.

10. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

@Marillionaire

I will pass that one and might even try it myself once. You never know what you will or will not like until you try it.

@clone

You are 100% right.

There is also a lot of clipping and necessary distortion, especially in the channels from DrumComputer, Effectrix and XO. If I was ever to go back I would start there.

Yhea there is at least an other 40 hours work left in that for it to be finished.

The bass and bass drums are all over the place as this was done with headphones while high and partially drunk.

I am not going to lie the last hour was basically zoned and not very productive.

This was just for fun for shits and giggles and to kind of give an example of transitions.It was just something fun because you were working on the crossover mashup concept.

Some of the transitions are still not crisp enough, Filters are a little off or and the volume cuts are not crisp and sharp enough, the delays are bleeding into the next section. The singers, the synth Pipa needs some fine tuning in some sections and a lot of EQ and dynamic work needs to happen.

Anyway it, cheers all.

L'odi was something everyone.

There was a thread a long time ago about the first track you ever did, it's been around for a while. That's mostly a lot of external Roland presets and whatever my much younger brain and my friends at the time thought sounded could over a month or so.

11. Coochie Bean Paste

I did another quick onew but it isnt posted yet now I'll put it up for you guys I dont give a fuck if it's unfinished or not
    gimme two minutes

ecco

https://whyp.it/tracks/90036/b1m

12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Best guess so far:
    Next guess:
    @Marillionaire uploads a track tomorrow.

Keep tuned and pass the beer

13. Coochie Bean Paste

ok here's my new one?

edit OMG I didn't remember posting it already sorry. but I did fix the cover art