Critique my track?

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by JustinJayBeats, Jun 22, 2014.

1. JustinJayBeats

JustinJayBeats Newbie

I'm working on my mixing and I know I have a long way to go. In fact, I'm in need of a mentor if anyone is interested.

Let me know what you think of my beat, not as skilled as most of the users on this site but I still like to share for critique.

Please don't mind the shitty tag lol.

http://soundcloud.com/justinjaybeats/a-space-odyssey

3. fuad

fuad Producer

I actually love the tag in the intro, very nice. As for the track, the intro is super smooth and really sets the mood right with the percussion especially. I think maybe my issue is that the song is missing some details overall. Some big reverbs maybe every 4 or 8 bars on the snare or some of the other percussion to give it just a touch of an ethereal feel.

Maybe also a bit more excitement in the last section of the song. The way I imagine it is that the singer is going all emotional towards the end with a stronger singing voice and so maybe some stronger violins there would be nice or even some kind of synth to compliment that.

I absolutely love the transition at 2:34, so smooth and fits perfectly.

In terms of production you did a really good job. Everything sounds clean and the sounds work really nicely together. Awesome job I love it. Just like I said, maybe a little more detail so that the track doesn't get too boring towards the end.